WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer Review
Okay, by now, I am sure you all have a fair clue how much I love primers 😀
Well, believe me; using a primer makes a whole lot of difference to your makeup. I would suggest you all should have at least one of them, (if not many 😛 😛 ) that suits your skin type and serves your purpose well.
This primer from ELF is the latest addition to my vanity and I have been using it quite a lot these days. So sharing with you all my experience with this.
What the Company Claims About the Product:
• Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer.
• Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines.
• This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting satin finish.
Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Penoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.
6 $ for 14 gm.
The packaging comes in this sleek pump hard plastic bottle which looks decent enough. Since the packaging is white, I thought it’s the colour, but actually the primer is clear gel type. Also, I noticed that the dispenser doesn’t work really well now as it used to be when the bottle was new/fresh.
My Experience with ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer:
You just need a pea-size amount of this primer for your entire face.
The primer is a clear and thick gel and reminds me a lot of my BH cosmetics primer. It makes my foundation lasts longer and using this makes my skin super silky smooth instantly! The effect was instant.
Also, it is very lightweight and non-greasy, which is great for even oily-combination skin. It glides on the skin easily and when I put it on my foundation, it is seamless, smooth and thus, foundation application becomes a lot easier.
I don’t have any fine lines yet, so I can’t comment on whether it reduces fine lines or not! But yes, I do have open pores and I can’t see much effect on them with this primer , but I have to agree on the lasting finish though, I had a problem with my Bourjois healthy mix Foundation staying on and now, with this primer, the lasting power of the foundation has improved a lot!!
Also, the price of the primer is pretty decent for the quantity we get.
So, overall I really like this primer! It makes my skin so smooth and my foundation application becomes much easier and it stays on for much longer!
What I Like About the Primer:
• Instantly makes my facial skin smooth.
• Makes foundation application very easy.
• My makeup/foundation stays on fresh for long.
• Just a pea-sized amount is required for the entire face.
• Doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. Also, I have not faced any problems like breakouts/pore clogging.
• The primer is lightweight and does not make my face greasy.
• Easy-to-use pump dispenser type packaging.
• The price is fairly reasonable @ 6 $ (INR 267).
What I Dislike About the Primer:
• Doesn’t reduce pore size.
• Has a weird smell like that of some chemical/oil.
• The product tends to get stuck in the dispenser sometimes. 🙁 I wonder if the bottle/dispenser I got is faulty 🙁
• It’s a silica-based primer, which is not good for the skin.
• Contains parabens.
• ELF products are not easily available in India.
3 ON 5 :-* :-* :-*
ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Royal Review, Photos, Swatches
ELF Mineral Eye Shadow Primer
ELF Cosmetics Hits and Misses – Part 1
Elf Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
ELF Nail Polish Remover Pads & Nail Polish Review + Swatches
ELF Studio Lip Primer and Plumper
ELF Dramatic lash kit and Individual lash kit
ELF Eyebrow Stencil Kit
ELF Plumping Lip Glaze Plum Pout Review, Swatch, Photos
Oriflame Beauty Face Primer
Best Face Primer for Combination Skin : Ask iMBB
Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer
3 Beauty Products to Splurge On
How to Contour Face with Makeup
Himalaya Neem Face Wash
How to Highlight Your Face
Homemade Chocolate Face Mask
Lush Wow Wow Face Mask
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Blush
Street Wear Stay on Mineral Foundation
Mineral Makeup For Mature Skin
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze in Stay Ablaze