By Jenifer Sarkari
Hello all beautiful ladies out there!
Makeup adds glamour to our natural beauty and makes us look more beautiful. Hence choosing the right makeup is very essential. It is very important to choose the right type of foundation depending on both our skin type & the coverage required. As quoted, “When the foundation is right, everything else looks good.”.
Skin Type, Texture and Complexion:
• I have combination skin which tends to become dry in some areas
• My skin is very sensitive and tends to burn and redden easily
• Skin tone is uneven, with dark spots and freckles on my nose
• Skin complexion is moderately fair
• In teens, I used to get plenty of pimples which have left scars on my face
The secret to flawless skin is the amount of light that bounces off the surface. Our best-selling foundation is now infused with micronized diamond powder to reflect light, instantly diminish discolourations and fine lines to give you a perfectly even, radiant finish that lasts 12 hours.
Micronized diamond powder: made of real diamonds. This formula reflects light rather than absorbing it which results in immediate reduction in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and skin imperfections.
Soft focus microspheres: light diffusing particles perfect the look of skin by bending and refracting light. The result is similar to that of a soft focus on a camera, instantly diminishing the look of fine lines, pores, blemishes, scars and dark spots to leave you with a radiant, smooth and youthful glow.
My Experience with Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup:
I have used liquid and powder based foundations which have suited me well and have provided a sheer to medium coverage. For a change, I took a bold step and went for a sponge on cream foundation to get full and flawless coverage for special occasions. I got this Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge- On Cream Makeup (with new improved formula) a few days back, and was very eager to share my personal views about it with you all. On daily basis, I use ‘All in One Face Base by The Body Shop‘, which is my favourite.
It comes in a cardboard box in both gold and silver accents with the iconic red door logo of Elizabeth Arden from New York. This elegant looking compact is handy, double deckered and very convenient to carry. It has a silver reflective mirror outside and a compact mirror inside and comes with a sponge. The sponge compartment has a ventilator at the bottom. For my moderately fair skin, I was advised to purchase ‘Honey Beige’ shade of Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish foundation, and it matches my skin tone perfectly. The shade is mentioned on the cardboard box and reverse of compact as shown below as well as all the other details related to the product.
I have combination skin which tends to become dry from certain areas, and this foundation moisturises my skin and does not dry or dehydrate it at all. The product is cream based and needs to be applied with a sponge, as the name suggests. It took me longer to apply this foundation for a perfect, even look, but there’s always a first time; after that, I got used to it. As claimed by the company, it did not completely cover all of my flaws like acne scars and freckles, and I had to use a concealer in those areas and do touch-ups. Other than this, I also had to use a mineral powder foundation above it. It helps in diminishing fine lines and wrinkles and it gives a radiant, younger looking skin and glow. After application, my face looks radiant, smooth and naturally glowy. This cream based foundation emits a lovely fragrance, similar to rose water on application.
Please check below the look on both my wrists one without and the other with the foundation applied:
Pros of Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup:
• I have combination skin which tends to become dry, and this foundation moisturises my skin and does not dry out or dehydrate my skin
• Helps in diminishing fine lines and wrinkles, and gives radiant skin
• This is a sponge-on cream foundation, but feels light on the skin; does not feel heavy or cakey
• Makeup stays well and makes the skin look luminous
• Staying power is good enough – eight to nine hours, could be even more
• The shade Honey Beige is perfect for my moderately fair complexion
• Love the elegant look of the compact
• Like the mild rose flavour it emits upon application
Cons of Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup:
• I am disappointed with the fact that as named and claimed, it does not give a complete ‘flawless finish’
• This foundation did not cover or completely hide all of my flaws like acne scars and freckles on my nose
• It also accentuated some of my prominent scars and pores
Would I Recommend Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup?
Yes, will surely recommend to the fans of such cream foundation. I would advise, from my personal experience, to try it at the store if you have scars, freckles or flaws like me. I have still not decided if I will buy this product again.
Thanks for reading, cheers!
Elizabeth Arden #01 Red Door Red Color Precision Glide Lip Liner
Elizabeth Arden Intervene Timefighting Radiance Serum
Elizabeth Arden Intervene Stress Recovery Night Cream
Elizabeth Arden Intervene Anti-Fatigue Eye Cream Review
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Eye Serum Review
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Sun Defense for Face SPF 50
Kardashian Beauty Kurve Flawless Finishing Powder
How To Get A Flawless Face – Tutorial
Different Types of Makeup Sponges, Their Uses and Benefits
Garnier Eye Roll On Pen
Olay Total Effects Day Cream with Touch of Foundation
How to make your Makeup last All Day while Travelling