WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Eye Makeup For Small Eyes
Not all of us are blessed with big almond eyes. Many have an eye shape that is significantly smaller in proportion to the rest of the facial features. This simply means that the kind of makeup on such eyes must differ slightly to create an illusion of larger size. Learning how to apply eye makeup for your eye shape and size can help you transform a less-than-perfect feature into a beautiful asset.
Steps For Applying Makeup To Small Eyes
1. Apply a few dabs of concealer below the eyes and blend. Use small dots of concealer and not too much.
2. Prime your eyes with eye primer for a smooth base to work on. This way, eyeshadow will stay put longer, and the illusion of larger eyes will stay intact.
• Use a light or pastel color eye shadow as the highlight all over the entire eyelid and brow bone. A good colour for small eyes is light ivory, beige or silver. Don’t use a very frosty shade, or else your eyes appear weighty, heavy and overdone – a strict no-no for small eyes. Dark eye shadows should also be avoided as they can overpower small eyes and make them look even smaller. A shadow with light shimmer works well to highlight the brow bone.
• Start at the outer corner with a medium tone eye shadow. Set shape by angling upward slightly. Apply eye color on entire eyelid as far as crease, blending outward.
• At the outer corner and the crease, softly blend darkest color with a fine eye shadow brush. This darkest colour should be chosen carefully. Very dark shades tend to ‘outline’ the small area of the eye, making it even more prominent.
• Do not use very dark-pigmented eyeliners and avoid a thick application. Keep it subtle and fine.
• Line upper lash line from the inner corner to outer corner. Don’t make this a thick black line, instead, smudge it into a softer tone with a matching eye shadow taken on a q-tip.
• Line the lower lash line about one third of eye from the outer corner only.
• You can use a soft creamy white eye liner pencil or a touch of pastel eye shadow on the inner corner of your eye for a wider look. Blend it into the darker liner on the lower lashes. Remember to choose softer shades of liner for small eyes.
5. Curl your lashes with a eyelash curler and then apply adequate coats of mascara on the upper lashes. Use the remaining on the brush to coat your lower lashes for a wide-open look.
6. The shape of the brows is important when it comes to making small eyes appear bigger. While plucking your eyebrows, leave the inner part thicker, and create an arch to frame the eye.
Keeping these points in mind, you should be able to balance the eyes with the proportions of the rest of the face. The following tutorials will give you an idea of how to apply makeup to small eyes:
5 Minute Everyday Eye Makeup Look Tutorial
Eyes: Different Eye Makeup Styles
Silver Plum Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup for Eye Shape and Color
Eyes: Eye Makeup for Older Women
How to Apply Egyptian Eye Makeup
Basic Eye Makeup Tips
My Small Makeup Haul
Miss Claire Eyeshadow (Small) in 0809 and 0651