WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The Fab India Coral Glow Face Pack
Price : Rs 250 for 100 gm “The extracts of coral, real pearls, aloe vera and Alum deep cleanse, cool and clarify the skin, giving it a radiant glow.”
- Liquorice : is an effective skin lightener.
- Alum : is an effective toner.
- Oak : removes excessive oil while regulating the sebum (oil) production in the skin.
- Aloe Vera : aids in skin healing, reduces perspiration and moisturises skin.
- Coral Powder
- Pearl Powder : helps skin in healing, skin brightening, anti-wrinkling, and sun protection.
It smells very sandalwoody but sandalwood is not mentioned as an active ingredient on the pack.
The face pack comes in a powder form. The packaging is pretty cute. The pot is a clay pot with wooden lid. And the powder inside is in a zip-lock pack. You may empty the powder from the plastic bag to the jar but I didn’t do that. I feel that the pack remains protected from moisture etc. this way.
It also comes with a wooden spoon, which I feel is a little longer than it should be. The lid does not close completely once the spoon is inside the jar. I don’t mind that much because I keep my pack locked in a plastic bag so even if the lid is not completely closed, it doesn’t affect the face pack.
Directions for use : Mix a spoon full of face pack with milk for dry skin and with curd for oily skin. Apply on face , neck and arms in upward direction. Leave on for 6-8 minutes. Wash off with luke warm water.
I would say that this is a quick face pack. I make this pack in 2 tsp of milk and I keep the consistency of the pack pretty thin. The idea is to have more milk in the pack than powder. After you apply this pack on your face and neck, it starts to dry pretty quickly. I have never been able to apply this pack for more than 5 minutes . It dries quickly and makes you skin super tight. Then you have to run to the bathroom to wash off the pack and then run back to apply moisturizer. At least this happens with me. 😛
But all this running around I feel, is worth it. You see your face once you have washed your face, you would feel that you have got a facial done at the parlour.
- Pores: Tightened
- Skin : Stretched and youthful
- Glow : Perfect
- Dead -Tired looking skin : Bye Bye
My skin looks nice and glowing even after 2-3 days. The day I know that I have only 15 minutes to get ready and go out for a date with hubby ( :P), I use this.
I keep the consistency this thin. You may also make this in milk cream if you want.
Overall I think it’s an excellent pack. Atleast it works wonderfully for my skin. Also, a little goes a long way.You just need small amount of it every time so that makes it even worth its price. You may use the jar even after your pack is over.
A few drawbacks are that
- You cannot travel with it because one, the lid does not close- it’s just a light wooden cover on top and two, the jar is quite big.
- The clay jar has to be stored at a safe place so that it doesn’t break.
- I wish the spoon was smaller so that the lid could close completely. Not a complaint though because at least they are giving a cute spoon along with.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-*:-*:-*
This pack was recommended by an IMBB reader, Rakhi. i would just like to thank her for this wonderful product. 🙂
I would just like to mention that skin care products don’t work the same way for everyone. So the results after using this pack may vary from person to person. Please use your own discretion before buying it. 🙂
Btw, I bought my first MAC brushes today- 2 MAC 217 and one MAC 219. Will show you guys tomorrow. 🙂