Since ages we women all over the world have been obsessed with looking beautiful and fetching, even going great lengths to achieve it. But there is one practice that unites us and that is taking care of our skin. Healthy skin glows and glowing skin reflects youth and vitality. For this purpose I started my quest to find something that my dry skin would lap up easily and make my skin soft and supple. And here, I found my skin’s best friend— OLIVE OIL.
Let me take you through the journey of discovering Olive Oil and finally list out the various ways that Olive oil could work for you.
Olive oils are of three types- Pure, virgin and extra virgin. Pure Olive oils are generally used for external purposes like moisturizing the skin, oiling your hair etc. Extra virgin and virgin oils are used in cooking and other consumption uses.
Medicinal uses of Olive Oil:
1. When taken internally, Olive oil stimulates metabolism and helps indigestion.
2. 1 teaspoon of Olive oil with lemon juice on an empty stomach relieves constipation.
3. Olive oil is known to reduce cholesterol levels.
4. Warm Olive oil alleviates ear aches as well.
Now coming to the cosmetic uses of Olive oil, they can be used for the following purposes:
1. Olive oil can be used as a MOISTURIZER for dry skin. You could apply it all over you at night and wake up in the morning all soft and smooth skinned.
2. Daily use of Olive oil is also known to reduce stretch marks.
3. During winters, you could add Olive oil to your face packs in order to prevent your skin from feeling dried up. Your skin will remain hydrated and nourished throughout.
4. Olive oil also helps relieve chapped lips.
5. Olive oil could be used as a make-up remover and leave a fine layer of oil on your skin to nourish it all night long.
6. Soaking your nails in a cup of Olive oil softens your cuticles and makes your mails less brittle.
7. Oiling your hair with Olive oil can cure split ends and dandruff as well.
8. Olive oil repairs sun damaged skin and protects against skin cancer.
Some face and hair packs using Olive oil are as follows:
1. FACE PACK: Olive oil + honey + egg yolk + rinse with warm water = radiant skin
2. BATH: Olive oil + essential oils + warm water = nourished, relaxed body
3. HAIR PACK: egg yolk + olive oil = dandruff free hair, warm olive oil = conditioned hair
As obvious now, benefits from Olive oil are endless. It promotes smooth, radiant skin, helps maintaining skin’s elasticity, heals dry, brittle nails and conditions hair. Olive oil does deserve to be your skin’s best friend?