WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Though Suma mentioned health and beauty benefits of olive oil in her post, I would like to give more details on the same and adding few more points to that, i would love to give you eleven good enough reasons to move that can of olive oil from your kitchen top to the beauty shelf.
1. Shaving Cream
● Olive oil will soften hair and give you a close, smooth shave. Use it, while you shave your underarms and legs. Men with sensitive skin can also use the oil on their beards. Take little amount of oil in your hand, apply it to the shaving area.
● Also, if olive oil is applied before using shaving cream, it would prevent scratching and burning sensation.
● A wintry after-shave can be prepared for dry skin using olive oil. Prepare a mix of 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2-3 tbsp of orange juice,5-10 drops glycerine and 10 drops of Eau de toilette.
3. Hair Growth
● Olive oil can be used to promote hair growth. Apply slightly warm oil to your scalp. Also, when applied to eyebrows and eye-lashes, hair growth is stimulated. And voila you have those thick eye-lashes that you’ve always dreamt of.
4. Body Scrub
● Mixing olive oil with either table salt or granulated sugar can be an excellent scrub for the body. This mix helps in exfoliating dead skin cells and thereby smoothes the skin.
● Add few drops of olive oil to your bath water. It will help in soothing your body. Mixing olive oil with either table salt or granulated sugar can be an excellent scrub for the body.
6. Glowing Skin
● Massage olive oil into your facial skin. Scrub with 1 tbsp sugar. Dip a wash cloth in steaming water. Drip out excessive water, and place this steam containing towel on your face. Let it be till it becomes cold, wipe off your face with the same.
● A mixture of 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup vinegar, and 1/4 cup water used as a night cream will make your skin glow. The olive oil softens and moisturizes and the vinegar lightens discolorations, kills bacteria and loosens dead skin cells. Splash water on your face before applying.
7. Dry Skin
● Apply 1 tsp olive oil to your hands in night. Massage it well. Wipe off extra oil using tissue. Wake up with soft hands.
● Mix 2 tsp honey, 1 tsp sugar and 2 tsp olive oil. Use this mix to exfoliate your hands, feet and lips. It will make your skin soft and smooth.
● In case, you dry and cracked heels, apply it to your feet before retiring. Wear socks after you massage it well. Soon you will have supple healthy looking soft feet.
● In fact, olive oil can be used as a massage oil for any part of your body.
8. Lip Balm
● Application of olive oil on dry lips will reduce chapping.
9. Healthy Nails and Cuticles
● Dip your nails in slightly warm olive oil. The olive oil will penetrate to make your cuticles soft and strengthening your nails and preventing them from being brittle.
10. Shiny Hair
● Olive oil acts as a excellent conditioner. Apply to clean hair, wrap a hot towel and let it stay for 20 minutes. Rinse well.
● Apply to dry hair. You can use slightly warm olive oil.
● For brittle hair, mix half a cup olive oil and a beaten egg. Apply to your hair and let it be for 45 minutes. Wash it off and smile at your beautiful mane.
● Fizzy hair can be tamed by application of olive oil.
● Dandruff can be cured using olive oil.
● In fact, many beauticians swear by this. Apply olive oils to your split ends immediately after washing. This will lead to smooth and bouncy hair with zero split ends.
● Prepare Shampoo using a mix of olive oil(1 ounce), 1 egg, 1 tbsp lemon juice and half a teaspoon of apple cider. Blend them. It can be used as a regular shampoo.
11. Make-up Remover
● One can remove make-up by a swab of cotton pad dipped in olive oil And, this works from removing traces of mascara to anything you applied.
So, there, those are the eleven great ways to look more beautiful with olive oil. Thanks for stopping by!