Himalaya Cleansing Milk Review
The only part I hate about makeup is removal. I am very lazy (:oops:), but I would never sleep with makeup on. I always longed for a cleanser that would remove every last speck of makeup from my face in one swipe. I have tried too many brands already.
My first, as with most of us, was Lakme. It was OK in removing makeup from the skin. But when it came to eyes it stung like red chillies. It could never remove mascara, was inefficient in removing waterproof liners and seemed to work only with Lakme products. It left my skin looking very oily and I never felt ‘cleansed’ after using it.
My next was Ayur, as I was high on herbals in my teens. It was OK in the cleansing department but again left my face oily. It could never remove eye makeup either.
Then came Biotique’s Almond Oil cleanser. It neither felt like lotion nor a face wash. And I had weird rash like breakouts after using it (probably because of all the oils…).
Then I finally came to the Himalaya Deep Cleansing milk. I actually wanted to buy VLCC’s Cleansing Milk, but it had Sandalwood fragrance which I am not very fond of. So I bought this one instead. And boy oh boy, I was satisfied!!!
Himalaya Cleansing milk- Pack Information
- For all skin types
- A unique formulation of natural ingredients that cleanses and refreshes your skin. It penetrates deep to gently remove dirt, grime and makeup.
- Enriched with Cucumber, to cool and soothe your skin, and Soapnut, to remove excess oil, it leaves your skin clean, healthy and glowing.
Directions for use: Apply in a circular motion on the face and neck. Wipe off with a moist cotton pad. Rinse with water and pat dry.
Each ml contains: Extracts of Sukasa 100mg and Arishta 20 mg (i.e. Cucumber and reetha respectively).
Price: Rs. 65 for 100ml. (Also available in 50 and 200 ml.)
- It is a natural cleanser.
- Refreshes skin and lightens blemishes.
- When applied alone, tightens pores and diminishes wrinkles.
- Soap nuts or Soapberry, also sometimes referred to as Washing Nuts or Ritha / Reetha (in Hindi), contain ‘Saponins’, which have the ability to clean and wash.
- When in contact with water, it creates mild suds, which is similar to soap.
- Soapnuts are highly-effective and gentle at the same time.
What I like about Himalaya Cleansing Milk is that:
- It cleanses everything in one swipe. It removes every speck of makeup from my face. It is very easy on the skin.
- I do not need to pull or rub hard on my face with the cotton ball.
- It cleans mascara without any hassles. I mean, I couldn’t remove the mascara as easily with almond oil or baby oil. No blackened eyes, no pulling and no tugging!!!
- If a cleanser can remove mascara, it can remove anything. This is the only product that I use for all sorts of makeup removal nowadays.
- It removes long stay lipsticks very quickly as well.
- It is slightly soapy to touch, maybe because of the Reetha. So it gives me a ‘cleansed’ feeling. I love it that it is not at all oily.
- It has a thick, creamy consistency and still it leaves absolutely NO residue on my face.
- NO breakouts!!!
- It is not very runny. I hated Lakme cleanser because I always poured out more product than I needed. This one lasts really long.
- My skin is hydrated and not oily after using this. Sometimes I don’t even splash water on my face after this. I just spray some Rose water and apply moisturizer.
- It has a very, very mild, refreshing fragrance. I have a very sensitive nose. My mom says this is odourless!!!
- It comes with a flip-cap which shuts tightly.
- Packaging is simple and same as all the other Himalaya products.
- A very little amount is required to clean the whole face and neck.
- I don’t follow the above mentioned ‘directions for use’. Instead I pour this directly on a moist cotton ball and wipe my face and neck.
- As it has Cucumber, my skin feels fresh and toned after using this. I have dry skin so I totally avoid toners. This works as both.
Does not burn my eyes at all. Even if some of it enters my eyes, I don’t feel any stinging.
- The pricing is really, really agreeable. It is much less than the other brands.
- It is herbal. I am really high on herbals right now. All my recent buys are from Lotus, Himalaya or Biotique.
What I hate about Himalaya Cleansing Milk is that:
- I didn’t find this earlier.
- I have absolutely No complaints from this. I love it and have been using this everyday since last 4-5 months at least.
28 thoughts on “Himalaya Cleansing Milk Review”
I use it twice, every week and i love it. Its suitable for my sensitive skin:) nice review
.-= sarah´s last blog ..Eldora False Lashes-Part 2 =-.
Twice every week? as in? ?:-) ?:-)
Ya.. Pls explain…
Im using Ayur’s cleansing milk. As you said,it makes my coimbation skin more oily. After using this cleansing milk, I will wash my face with face wash or gram flour.
Detailed Review Mrunmayee :-)) Thanks !!!! My ayur cleansing milk is going to get over …was thinking for which one to buy…will try this next.
Hi Vidhya, amongst the herbal brands my vote goes to himalaya.. :-))
I am currently using L’Oreal Milk to Toner 2 in 1 Makeup Remover.
It is a lovely product except that it stings my eyes. So I use olive oil in case of heavy mascara or other eye makeup.
Have not tried Himalaya yet. Earlier my cleanser used to be Ayur or Garnier. In fact, I always have a back up bottle of Ayur in my fridge 🙂
.-= Poornima´s last blog ..Nail Style – Lavender =-.
How’s the loreal one, poornima? I am very much for herbals right now… but would love a review… 😉 😉
The removal, I hate it too! (that’s why I don’t even put on make up most of the time)
I’m using a cleanser from Lancome, it’s my first cleanser so I wouldn’t know if
it’s better than anything else but I’m happy with it. My mum has been using Ayur for
ages so I would like to give that a try but this one sounds very good too!
.-= sunaina´s last blog ..Ballet tights =-.
:rotfl: :rotfl: Try this… It might make you a makeup junkie like us….. :beauty:
My Fab India cleanser jut got over yesterday. I am going to pick this up now. 🙂 Yay!! what a timely review. 😛
I am sure you will like it….. :-)) :-))
I will surely love it, M. 🙂
Cleansers……I too hate the oiliness that some of the cleansers leave behind and then I have to use the face wash again.
This one doesn’t do that… I feel irritated by that,.. I can’t imagine how irritated you must bhe knowing that you already have an oily skin??? 😕
this was nice review.himalaya has decent product like.haven’t used cleansing milk though.but frm all the cleansing milks i used, i found garnier is the best.its gentle enough 2 b used on sensitive slin & doesnot sting eyes.removes eye make up effortlessly.who havent tried it sud give it a try.i m sure u guys gonna like it.have a nice day.byee.
I had tried it long back and it didn’t work then…but I was having major skin problems anyway so I guess I should give it a chance some time again.
can it remove the maybelline colossal kajal…?????
if it cant then plzzzzz suggest me sumthing that is a natural except the oils..