Himalaya Cleansing Milk Review
The only part I hate about makeup is removal. I am very lazy (:oops:), but I would never sleep with makeup on. I always longed for a cleanser that would remove every last speck of makeup from my face in one swipe. I have tried too many brands already.
My first, as with most of us, was Lakme. It was OK in removing makeup from the skin. But when it came to eyes it stung like red chillies. It could never remove mascara, was inefficient in removing waterproof liners and seemed to work only with Lakme products. It left my skin looking very oily and I never felt ‘cleansed’ after using it.
My next was Ayur, as I was high on herbals in my teens. It was OK in the cleansing department but again left my face oily. It could never remove eye makeup either.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Then came Biotique’s Almond Oil cleanser. It neither felt like lotion nor a face wash. And I had weird rash like breakouts after using it (probably because of all the oils…).
Then I finally came to the Himalaya Deep Cleansing milk. I actually wanted to buy VLCC’s Cleansing Milk, but it had Sandalwood fragrance which I am not very fond of. So I bought this one instead. And boy oh boy, I was satisfied!!!
Himalaya Cleansing milk- Pack Information
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
- For all skin types
- A unique formulation of natural ingredients that cleanses and refreshes your skin. It penetrates deep to gently remove dirt, grime and makeup.
- Enriched with Cucumber, to cool and soothe your skin, and Soapnut, to remove excess oil, it leaves your skin clean, healthy and glowing.
Directions for use: Apply in a circular motion on the face and neck. Wipe off with a moist cotton pad. Rinse with water and pat dry.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Each ml contains: Extracts of Sukasa 100mg and Arishta 20 mg (i.e. Cucumber and reetha respectively).
Price: Rs. 65 for 100ml. (Also available in 50 and 200 ml.)
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
- It is a natural cleanser.
- Refreshes skin and lightens blemishes.
- When applied alone, tightens pores and diminishes wrinkles.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
- Soap nuts or Soapberry, also sometimes referred to as Washing Nuts or Ritha / Reetha (in Hindi), contain ‘Saponins’, which have the ability to clean and wash.
- When in contact with water, it creates mild suds, which is similar to soap.
- Soapnuts are highly-effective and gentle at the same time.
What I like about Himalaya Cleansing Milk is that:
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
- It cleanses everything in one swipe. It removes every speck of makeup from my face. It is very easy on the skin.
- I do not need to pull or rub hard on my face with the cotton ball.
- It cleans mascara without any hassles. I mean, I couldn’t remove the mascara as easily with almond oil or baby oil. No blackened eyes, no pulling and no tugging!!!
- If a cleanser can remove mascara, it can remove anything. This is the only product that I use for all sorts of makeup removal nowadays.
- It removes long stay lipsticks very quickly as well.
- It is slightly soapy to touch, maybe because of the Reetha. So it gives me a ‘cleansed’ feeling. I love it that it is not at all oily.
- It has a thick, creamy consistency and still it leaves absolutely NO residue on my face.
- NO breakouts!!!
- It is not very runny. I hated Lakme cleanser because I always poured out more product than I needed. This one lasts really long.
- My skin is hydrated and not oily after using this. Sometimes I don’t even splash water on my face after this. I just spray some Rose water and apply moisturizer.
- It has a very, very mild, refreshing fragrance. I have a very sensitive nose. My mom says this is odourless!!!
- It comes with a flip-cap which shuts tightly.
- Packaging is simple and same as all the other Himalaya products.
- A very little amount is required to clean the whole face and neck.
- I don’t follow the above mentioned ‘directions for use’. Instead I pour this directly on a moist cotton ball and wipe my face and neck.
- As it has Cucumber, my skin feels fresh and toned after using this. I have dry skin so I totally avoid toners. This works as both.
Does not burn my eyes at all. Even if some of it enters my eyes, I don’t feel any stinging.
- The pricing is really, really agreeable. It is much less than the other brands.
- It is herbal. I am really high on herbals right now. All my recent buys are from Lotus, Himalaya or Biotique.
What I hate about Himalaya Cleansing Milk is that:
- I didn’t find this earlier.
- I have absolutely No complaints from this. I love it and have been using this everyday since last 4-5 months at least.