I was really bored of using coconut oil and wanted some more ingredients in my hair oil .. 😛 I love to see a lot of good herbal ingredients on my product and love reading what each one does.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Hence, when I saw this oil I picked up immediately, since a) it had reasonably more amount of herbal ingredients than my regular oil. b) it is Himalaya…c) those days i had started suffering from really itchy scalp due to dandruff too and this bottle mentioned about preventing scalp infections.Although there is another Himalaya anti dandruff hair oil too but I picked this up because of its multi benefits – not only dandruff but this would arrest hairfall and promote hair growth too
Let’s see how this product fared with me.
What the product says:-
• Prevents hair fall and stimulates hair growth
• Contains ‘Bhringaraja’ and ‘Amlaki’ – proven hair growth promoters
• ‘Methi’ which is rich in lecithin and proteins that nourish the hair roots
• ‘Neem’ and ‘Bilva’ prevent scalp infections and keep hair healthy
• A non-sticky oil can be applied daily
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Vol.100ml for Rs 75
Shelf life 3 years
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
It is a pale yellow-green colour hair oil and has a runny consistency . Comes in a sturdy plastic bottle with a screw cap.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
It is definitely not too sticky on application,but it does make the hair look oily. You can’t wear it outside.
And it smells nothing herbal . 🙁
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
It is more a sweet artificial bubblegummy smell. It is quite bothersome.
It did not help with my itchy scalp at all!! Not even some mild soothing action atleast immediately after application . nope. My scalp got more itchy after application and even after washing my hair .
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
Now lets get straight to its pros and cons
• It just leaves the hair a little shiny after washing it off with a shampoo
• Not tested on animals
• And “supposedly” no harmful chemicals. (then where does the artificial headache pumping fragrance comes from :S )
• It is not so sticky after application but washing it off is a pain in the backside. I have to shampoo thrice!! This oil doesn’t budge from the hair shaft!!And sooo much shampoo goes waste. In turn makes my hair dry…! no use of applying oil because while trying to wash it off u end up stripping off ur hair’s natural oils too !!
• Hair end up looking frizzy because of the excessive shampoo usage to wash it off.
• Smell gives a headache.would not work for sensitive noses at all!
• My scalp gets more itchy, even after wash. Whereas if i use another hair oil or even if i directly shampoo my hair my scalp gets a relief from itchiness for about one and a half day. I thought regular usage of this oil would completely eliminate the problem. But it doesn’t even aid in giving me temporary relief.
• It doesn’t condition hair
• Does not promote hair growth ( well I would have to give some more time and some more bottles of this one to realy judge on its hair growth promoting claims, but no I have no patience because I did not like one bit of this hair oil, as it neither conditions , nor repairs my hair or even make it temporarily healthy looking or soft to touch)
• Doesn’t prevent hair fall either.
• So basically it falls short of all claims!!!
My rating for this product would be just :star: since it imparts a little bit of shine to the hair after wash.
I would never buy this product again.
Would I recommend this product to others? No i don’t think so !!
Infact;even i might try some other hair oil or get back to my favourite olive oil or even good old coconut oil . 🙂
Hope this review helped all of you. 🙂
Have you used Himalaya Herbals Revitalising Hair Oil ? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Khadi Herbal Hair Conditioner with Vanilla and Honey Review
Shahnaz Husain Herbal Kajal Review
Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss
Trichup Herbal Shampoo Review
Lotus Herbals Kera-Veda Growoil: Review