Read Rati Beauty Diet: The Right Way to Lose Weight
Today’s post is inspired by my recent visit to my favourite store “Forest Essentials” (man, I literally have to drag myself out of that store – the smell, the packaging, the ingredients!! Ahh ! just wonderful). Well, so I did not buy anything for myself (yes, I swear!), but I definitely couldn’t resist for asking samples 😀 While he was luring me to buy his stuff, I saw the wonderful facial ubtans! Honestly, I did not feel like buying them because they are really easy to make at home as well. So me being me, I came back and immediately made myself a good batch of my homemade facial ubtan 😛
Facial ubtans are dated back centuries old where the Egyptian queens used to indulge themselves in various ubtans, each having their own natural magic! Ubtans are basically used to wash your face, but I also like them as quick face packs, they are refreshing and act as a much-needed nature’s dose for my skin!
Now, I have been using this ubtan since the last month every day as my morning face wash and sometimes as a mask as well. It also works great as a mild exfoliant.
Here’s a closer peek on my homemade facial ubtan batch:
So, here goes the recipe of the “homemade facial ubtan.”
- 2 big tbsps – Plain Powdered Quaker Oats (please do not use the flavoured one’s here).
- 1 tsp of turmeric (haldi).
- 1 big tbsp of Kasturi Manjal (Amba Haldi powder) – Don’t worry, this does not stain.
- big tbsp – Orange peel powder (homemade) – If you do not have this, the above three ingredients are also fine.
(I had made this batch a month back, so I’m sorry I do not have step-wise pictures, but I promise it is very easy, so you won’t miss the live pictures 🙂 )
Mix all the above powders together and fill it in an air tight container ! Yup that’s it.
This simple step towards your skin will fetch you the following benefits:
Oats: I LOVE THEM ! Yes I love the feel of my skin after using oats.
- Oats are known for their skin lightening effect and also for the soft glow it imparts.
- They are a bliss to dry skin beauties as they act as the most natural form of moisturizer available in nature.
- Oats are great for acne-prone skin as well due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Having mild exfoliation qualities, they are best used in the powdered form, mixed with warm water.
Turmeric: My saviour for summers!
- Turmeric is known all around the world for its anti-bacterial qualities and helps combat the summer acne attacks.
- It also helps in lightening up the skin and clearing sun tan.
Kasturi Manjal (Amba Haldi): Love this since it leaves no stains!
- Kasturi Manjal (Amba Haldi) has the same benefits as turmeric, but the best part about it is that it does not leave any yellow stain on your skin or your clothes.
- Kasturi Manjal (Amba Haldi) is great for removing dermal pigmentation as well.
- Used by most brides, Kasturi Manjal helps impart fresh natural glow on your face.
Orange Peel Powder: Love the refreshing smell!
- This citrusy fruit is not only yummy from inside, it acts as a natural skin brightener from the outside.
- Orange peel powder will refresh your tired and dull skin making it happy!
- Great skin brightener.
- Orange peel powder also helps in reducing the appearance of large pores.
- It also acts as a mild exfoliant.
I am sure after reading the benefits of this ubtan, you would want to stick to this mixture to wash your face. The best tip that I would like to give is that use this as your morning face wash since your skin is not loaded with any other product, so you don’t really need a harsh face wash. It’s a great breakfast for your skin!
Other ways that you can use this homemade facial ubtan:
- Mix it with curd to make a great face pack to treat pigmentation.
- Mix it with honey and rose water to nourish and moisturise your skin.
- If you have extremely dry skin, mix it with malai and milk.
- You can also mix it with cucumber juice to give a lightening and cooling effect to your skin.
- If you are dealing with acne scars, you can mix tomato juice in it.
Prepare this facial ubtan and store it in an air-tight container, it will easily stay for 2 months if stored in a cool and dry place. Hope you all liked this DIY! Do let me know in what way did your skin thank you for this homemade facial ubtan. See you soon 🙂
Love and Light,
Forest Essentials Soundarya Facial Ubtan
Forest Essentials Multani Mitti Facial Ubtan
Homemade Ubtan for Winters
Ubtan For Babies
Ayur Shahi Ubtan Face Pack
Forest Essentials Tejasvi Facial Ubtan
Hyaluronic Acid For Soft and Supple Skin
How To Get Supple and Soft Lips All Day Long
10 Homemade Facial Scrubs
Top 15 Homemade Face Toner Recipes
Homemade Face Scrubs With Fruits
6 Homemade Facial Scrubs for Sensitive Skin