I am sure there must be many of us here who are in their late twenties, late twenties is between 25-29. Early twenties is the time when we have the best skin, glowing and problem free. But as we age, we start to see changes in our skin, and it does not behave like before. I can see some eyebrows raising “I am still in my twenties and you are talking about aging”, to them my answer is yes!
The early signs of aging start in late twenties only. Late twenties is the time when most of us are settling down in our career and in our life too. And there increases the stress level, new role at work and in life takes a toll on skin.
To give you an insight of the problem let’s take this test, do you see some dry parches on your skin which were not there before. Or if you have oily skin like I have, does the oiliness reducing? For me now only my T -zone is super oily and rest of the face is normal, which was not the case few years back. Now you don’t get pimples as frequent as in your teens, but whenever it happens the scar left behind takes longer to vanish. Okay I think I talked enough about problems, now let us go on for solutions.
25 to 29 is the age when we are too old to use products made for teens and quite young to use the anti aging creams and serums. So it is very important to use right product and techniques to take care of your skin in late twenties.
1. Cleansing Toning Moisturizing: Find out the right cleanser for your skin type and keep your face clean, both in day and night. Never sleep with makeup on your face. How much ever tired you are, remove your makeup. Do your skin care regime ( CTM ) and then only go to bed. Try moisturizers with retinol (Vitamin A) and Vitamin E. Make sure to moisturize your skin both before going to bed and in the morning, to keep skin hydrated.
2. Exfoliate: Removing the layer of dead skin helps the skin to breath. One can use readymade scrubs or homemade scrubs on their own at home. Once in a while make an appointment with a professional for a facial, to keep skin clean and free of dead skin cells. But don’t go for skin peels and stuffs like that, as at this age we don’t need it.
3. Protect skin from sun: Sun can cause as much as 90 percent of your skin’s deterioration through the harmful UVA and UVB rays that it emits. In late twenties your skin is less likely to recover from sunburn than it did in your early twenties. So stay safe and use moisturizers with SPF 15 or above every day. There are cosmetics also available with SPF protection, try to use them to have better sun protection.
4. Exercise: Exercise doesn’t just keep the body fit, it makes the skin glow too. During exercise blood flows up to the skin, providing oxygen and nutrients to skin. 30 minutes of exercise every day can make the difference in your skin and body. If you do not want to join gym, do some 10 suryanamaskar at home and go for morning walk, you will be amazed to see the difference it will make to your body and skin.
5. Have good Sleep: Sleep is also equally important for your skin. Lack of sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes, wrinkles around eyes and blemishes from stress. When we sleep that is the time our growth hormones get more active and skin cell renewal happens faster. So a good sleep brings you closer to have younger looking skin.
6. Watch what goes inside: What you eat is reflected on your skin. Fruits and vegetables provide your skin with the vitamins and minerals it needs to be healthy. Add lots of green and food reach in anti oxidants in your diet. Stay away from fried food, processed food. Eat fresh and stay healthy. Avoided smoking and alcohol to keep your skin younger looking.
7. Extend the pampering to your body: with your face skin the skin on your hands and neck and rest of the body is also aging. So all the care you take for your face, extend some of it to your neck and hands too. Keep them moisturized and clean, do a full body scrub once in a while and pamper yourself with good moisturizers or body oils of your choice.
These are some of the things if taken care of, you will be able to look younger for longer. Take care of your skin in your late twenties to have healthy & glowing skin in thirties and beautiful forties.
Monsoon Makeup Tips
Skin and Hair Care Tips for Monsoon
15 Tips to Get Stronger Long Nails
16 Ways to Deal with Cuticle Problems
How to Get Perfect Nails
How to Treat Ingrown ToeNails
How to Take Care of Your Nails
10 Tips to Treat Brittle Nails
Monsoon Footwear and Foot Care
Winter Skin and Hair Care Tips