Skin and hair care during monsoons can be a little tricky. Your usual face washes, moisturizers or even shampoos may not work as effectively during this season. During the monsoons, high humidity affects our skin and hair both because of constant sweating and accumulation of oil.
The reason being high humidity in the air. Following are some tips that might help you to beat the monsoons blues and enjoy it better.
Skin Care Tips:
• Keep your skin clean to avoid any fungal infection, which can occur quickly during this time. Use a good soap-free cleanser. You can use a face wash containing alpha hydroxyl acid once a day to freshen up your face.
• Use a toner each time you wash your face to close the pores and restore your skin’s pH balance. An anti-bacterial toner will prevent skin breakouts and infections.
• Moisturising your face is equally important. Use a light lotion-based moisturiser or serum, which will gently rehydrate your skin.
• Use a sunscreen even on a cloudy day.
• Avoid heavy makeup during monsoons.
Hair Care Tips:
• Since hair tends to go limp in this season, use a good ‘volume-enhancing’ shampoo, twice a week.
• Never tie wet hair as damp skin of the head is breeding ground for fungal infections.
• Avoid excess application of styling products, as this could make your hair very greasy due to increased humidity.
• Have a diet rich in Vitamin E for strong and healthy hair.
How do you take care of your skin and hair in monsoons?
12 Tips to Treat Dry Hair
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
5 Summer Skin Care Steps
Winter Skin Care tips for Dry Skin
Winter Skin Care Tips