Winter Skin and Hair Care Tips
Hello IMBB Beauties, I am an IMBB addict; I love reading product reviews, beauty tips and everything (except hauls because they make me jealous 😛 ) on IMBB. This is my first article on IMBB and I am super excited as well as nervous :tremble: Hope you like it!
Its November and the days are getting cooler, its winter time. I love winters (the winters in Mumbai are not very cold like Northern India, but yes, it is far better than the sweaty summers here), but then, along with the cool pleasant climate, what it brings along is frizzy hair, dry skin and chapped lips, but that is not a reason to stay away from enjoying, here are a few tips I am sharing with you girls, follow these and stay beautiful!
Hair Care Tips:
• Treat your hair with a nice oil massage; olive oil, coconut oil or whatever you prefer. Just remember to heat the oil before applying it. Do this twice or at least once a week to keep your hair moisturised.
• Avoid washing your hair frequently. Use lukewarm and not hot water to wash your hair. Condition your hair every time after shampooing.
• Cover your hair every time you go out. Use silk scarves instead of the woollen ones as they lead to breakage of hair.
• Most of us like leaving our hair loose, but its better to tie them into a ponytail or braid them during winters. Braids are in trend now. You can try French braid, Fish tail braid, side pony tail, high pony tail and various other hairstyles.
• Split ends are a common problem during winters as the hair becomes dry, so trim the split ends.
• If possible, let the hair dry naturally, avoid blow drying.
Skin Care Tips:
• Drink lots of water. This is one tip that we should follow not for a particular season, but throughout the year. Water helps moisturize the skin from within. Add hot soups, herbal tea, etc., to your daily diet.
• Apply moisturizer after bath as well as before going sleep. There are many moisturizers available in the market. Choose the one that suits you the best. It is always better to choose a moisturizer that is oil based rather than water based. Oil-based moisturizers form a protective layer on the skin and hence give better protection.
• The end of summer doesn’t mean that you can get away from sunscreen. Apply sunscreen before leaving house and re-apply if necessary. Also, you can use moisturisers that combine sun protection.
• Exfoliate your skin once a week. It will help you get rid of the old dead cells and your skin will become fresh. You can use scrubs available in the market or use homemade ones.
• Add seasonal fruits and vegetables to your diet. Green leafy vegetables like methi are good options during winters. Also, have seasonal fruits like oranges.
• Also add a few drops of your favourite oil to the water you use to bath. It will nourish your skin and help retain the moisture.
Lip Care Tips:
• Use a moisturising lip balm or petroleum jelly to avoid chapped lips. Always carry it along and re-apply whenever necessary.
• Avoid licking the chapped lips as this will chap them even more.
• Also, here is a tip that works for me. Every night before going to sleep, rub your lips with warm ghee. If you do this, your lips will not chap and remain soft and pink.
So girls, hope these tips are helpful to you. Stay beautiful this winter and yes, do share your winter care tips and beauty secrets.
Thanks for reading.
Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
Hair Care Tips for Strong Healthy Hair
Hair Care 4: Tips for Dry Hair
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
20 Makeup Tips & Tricks
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women
Winter Skin Care tips for Dry Skin
Four Skincare Tips For Perfect Skin
Top 5 Anti Aging Tips
My 6 Hand Care Products for Winter
The Body Shop Joy of Sparkle Winter 2010 Makeup Collection
Biotique Winter Cherry Body Lotion
Lakme Fruit Moisture Honey & Avocado Winter Perfect Day Cream
38 thoughts on “Winter Skin and Hair Care Tips”
Complete beauty routine guide in Winters… :preen: :preen:
Even i am an addict to IMBB…I start my day with this n end with this…. :joker: :joker:
This is my new facebook…. :mirror: :mirror:
Thnx madzzy 🙂
NEW FACEBOOK hehe
welcome to IMBB swati….and good tips :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:
Thnx jomol glad u liked it 🙂
Nice tips!! :yes: :yes:
very nice n helpful
but no winters in chennai 😥 😥 😥 😥
Thnx neha….In Mumbai also Thoda Thoda winter……I wish we had north type winters….wud luv to buy cute winter wears 🙂
really great tips Swati 😀
Thnx Bee :thanks:
Welcome to IMBB,Swati! :pompom:
Really nice article! :thumbsup: A good guide to winter care. :specs:
I recently picked up a little trick myself. I use the Johnson’s Baby Milk Cream for my elbows,knees and legs which get really dry,flaky and itchy in the winter. Now my skin feels buttery and pinchable. :dumb: No more rough skin for me. :teddy:
Thnx..n nice tip…Even i like using Johnson’s baby product though not meant for me 😛
Hihi! :hihi: Poor babies….being used so unfairly. 😐 But baby soft skin is always desirable so they will have to bear with people like us. :shying: :preen:
very very good tips, swati. welcome to imbb. :)) I go mad combating dryness in winters . and water toh i end up drinking so less in winters. 😥 thanks for the tips. i will read them again and again. 😀
Glad you liked it…I didn’t know this article was here…was checkin IMBB b4 goin to sleep.. :happydance: :happydance:
very useful article… neha dun worry Winter is just starting in Chennai will be worse in December and jan…
:thanks: thnx Deepa…Yes even we want winter…cold wala :devil: :devil: …then we can go shopping winter wears
great tips swati :thanks: for sharing
glad you liked it jyo :thanks:
nice article and great tips…Thanks :waytogo:
:thanks: anveshi 🙂
Great Tips swati…. :yes: :thanks: for sharing….
glad u liked richa 🙂
Easy & Userful tips Swati…
For my lips i apply honey during daytime…It keeps my lips soft. :thumbsup:
It won’t last on my lips. At all. I’ll probably lick it off within a few minutes. 🙄 :rotfl:
Yes honey is very moisturizing…but me same like pragnyadeepta…wud end up licking all in few mins 😛
Nice article Swati……… :snicker:
Thanks for good tips , M also using ghee for lip care, My mom suggested me that from childhood,
Even castor oil is also good for cracked legs in winter :))
Hey Mamta thnx a lot….I never tried castor oil…will surely try it
excellent Tips Swati. Do keep writing more often. do you or anyone know where we can pick up essentials oils like lavender etc from? Will Health & Glow have it?
:thanks: aruna….I am not very sure about Health and Glow but I was in crosswords few days back and there I saw a small section where they had all types of essential oils…Checkout there
Nice article Swati.. simple and easy tips.. :waytogo: :waytogo: mee follow most of these to counter winter dryness.. :preen: :preen:
wy all herrines keep her braid only on right shoulder ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:)
hey sim I never observed it….u try it both sides and see urself which one looks better 🙂
Could you post something on how to make moisturizers at home? Something that’s natural and doesnt’ require the addition of bee wax and stuff.. Some easily avail ingredients.. Thanks..