Winter Skin and Hair Care Tips
Hello IMBB Beauties, I am an IMBB addict; I love reading product reviews, beauty tips and everything (except hauls because they make me jealous 😛 ) on IMBB. This is my first article on IMBB and I am super excited as well as nervous :tremble: Hope you like it!
Its November and the days are getting cooler, its winter time. I love winters (the winters in Mumbai are not very cold like Northern India, but yes, it is far better than the sweaty summers here), but then, along with the cool pleasant climate, what it brings along is frizzy hair, dry skin and chapped lips, but that is not a reason to stay away from enjoying, here are a few tips I am sharing with you girls, follow these and stay beautiful!
Hair Care Tips:
• Treat your hair with a nice oil massage; olive oil, coconut oil or whatever you prefer. Just remember to heat the oil before applying it. Do this twice or at least once a week to keep your hair moisturised.
• Avoid washing your hair frequently. Use lukewarm and not hot water to wash your hair. Condition your hair every time after shampooing.
• Cover your hair every time you go out. Use silk scarves instead of the woollen ones as they lead to breakage of hair.
• Most of us like leaving our hair loose, but its better to tie them into a ponytail or braid them during winters. Braids are in trend now. You can try French braid, Fish tail braid, side pony tail, high pony tail and various other hairstyles.
• Split ends are a common problem during winters as the hair becomes dry, so trim the split ends.
• If possible, let the hair dry naturally, avoid blow drying.
Skin Care Tips:
• Drink lots of water. This is one tip that we should follow not for a particular season, but throughout the year. Water helps moisturize the skin from within. Add hot soups, herbal tea, etc., to your daily diet.
• Apply moisturizer after bath as well as before going sleep. There are many moisturizers available in the market. Choose the one that suits you the best. It is always better to choose a moisturizer that is oil based rather than water based. Oil-based moisturizers form a protective layer on the skin and hence give better protection.
• The end of summer doesn’t mean that you can get away from sunscreen. Apply sunscreen before leaving house and re-apply if necessary. Also, you can use moisturisers that combine sun protection.
• Exfoliate your skin once a week. It will help you get rid of the old dead cells and your skin will become fresh. You can use scrubs available in the market or use homemade ones.
• Add seasonal fruits and vegetables to your diet. Green leafy vegetables like methi are good options during winters. Also, have seasonal fruits like oranges.
• Also add a few drops of your favourite oil to the water you use to bath. It will nourish your skin and help retain the moisture.
Lip Care Tips:
• Use a moisturising lip balm or petroleum jelly to avoid chapped lips. Always carry it along and re-apply whenever necessary.
• Avoid licking the chapped lips as this will chap them even more.
• Also, here is a tip that works for me. Every night before going to sleep, rub your lips with warm ghee. If you do this, your lips will not chap and remain soft and pink.
So girls, hope these tips are helpful to you. Stay beautiful this winter and yes, do share your winter care tips and beauty secrets.
Thanks for reading.
Hair Care Tips for Strong Healthy Hair
Hair Care 4: Tips for Dry Hair
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
20 Makeup Tips & Tricks
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women
Winter Skin Care tips for Dry Skin
Four Skincare Tips For Perfect Skin
Top 5 Anti Aging Tips
My 6 Hand Care Products for Winter
The Body Shop Joy of Sparkle Winter 2010 Makeup Collection
Biotique Winter Cherry Body Lotion
Lakme Fruit Moisture Honey & Avocado Winter Perfect Day Cream