How To Treat An Oily Scalp
An oily scalp is very problematic. More so, if you have dry or normal hair type while your scalp still feels oily and greasy! It is very difficult to deal with such a condition because you don’t know whether you should go for a shampoo formulated for oily hair or dry hair. If you choose a shampoo meant for oily hair, your scalp feels clean but your hair gets a parched feeling, sans shine, sans smoothness, sans softness! On the other hand, if you choose a shampoo meant for normal to dry hair, you do justice to your hair while you neglect the demands of your scalp! Moreover, oily scalp exposes you to an extremely stubborn kind of yellowish and sticky dandruff which forms because of your over-active sebaceous glands! Scalp feels dirty, smelly, itchy and so unclean; to the extent that you are ready to go to any extent to get rid of the oil and dirt! As you must have understood by now, I am myself a poor girl suffering from this horribly bad condition and this article is the product of my years of research, experiments and the consequent experience that I have gathered. Want to know how to treat an oily scalp? Read on!
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
How to treat an oily scalp: quick tips
• Clean: Choose a shampoo that is designed for oily hair. This will help to clean the dirt and oil effectively. If you have oily and limp hair, you would do justice to both scalp and hair. If you have normal to dry hair, use olive oil through the hair strands two hours before using the shampoo. It is better to avoid the hair roots. After shampooing, you would get a clean scalp and soft hair! I have myself used the Aroma Magic Triphla shampoo (see review HERE), Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Amlapura Shikakai Amla Herbal Shampoo (see review HERE) and VLCC Natural Sciences Rosemary Anti Dandruff Shampoo (see Review HERE ) among many others alike. Your hair needs to be washed frequently. It also helps if you leave on the shampoo for a couple of minutes or more before you wash it off.
• Condition: Conditioning is very important for your hair. But how to get the conditioning effect sans the greasy feel? The best way is to use natural conditioners. If you don’t have time, use lemon water, apple cidar vinegar or tea liquor as the last rinse. This will condition your hair and yet your scalp remains free from oil.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
• Nourish: As you can understand, oils can be detrimental to oily scalp. There isn’t much you can do about this though it is a proven fact that oils play a vital role in nourishing hair and promoting hair growth. From my personal experience, I can tell you that using oil intensifies your hair fall and dandruff problem, while making your hair look limp! So, the best way is to go for non-oily hair tonics especially meant for this purpose. For instance, you can use the Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Hair tonic for taking care of your scalp and providing it the nourishment it needs.
• Comb: Use wooden comb and comb your hair after it is dry. You tend to lose hair when you comb wet hair. Moreover, avoid combing too often as it stimulates oil secretion on your scalp.
How to treat an oily scalp : Product tips
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
• Go for cleansers which are mild, oil-free and gentle enough for frequent use.
• You may look for zinc pyrithione, coal tar, salicylic acid or selenium sulfide as ingredients in shampoos (I am not talking of whether they are otherwise harmful for hair or not; the advice is restricted only to as far as their effectiveness in removing scalp oil is concerned).
• Avoid two-in-one products and products which leave a residue behind.
• Do not use styling products too often. Let your scalp breathe free.
How to treat an oily scalp: A few easy home remedies
• Henna: Applying henna to your hair once every week or once every two weeks helps a lot. Henna conditions your hair and since it has a drying effect, it is beneficial to oily scalp.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
• Coconut milk: Massage your scalp with fresh coconut milk. It is extremely good for scalp; it helps treat oily condition while nourishing your scalp and hair.
• Tea-tree oil: Use may use tea-tree oil in your regular scalp-care regimen. If not in hair packs, try adding a few drop of tea tree oil in your shampoo while you wash your hair.
• Aloe Vera gel: Use fresh aloe vera gel on your scalp. This helps to nourish your hair roots and control oil.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Oily scalp is indeed a problem scalp. So, you need to be careful while treating it. It just demands a bit more care and concern from your part. Hence, it is important that you take regular care and at the same time, drink lots of water, avoid oily food and have a healthy lifestyle. It is possible to tackle the problem to a good extent! 🙂
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
Also Read :
How to Treat Oily Hair
Lemon for Hair: Beauty Benefits and Ideas
Hair Washing Tips
Shahnaz Forever Rejuvenating Hair Conditioner Review
6 Steps to a Happy Head
Lush Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar Review
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips