Serums are the latest rage in the fast growing skin care segment. The CTM (Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing) routine is now CTSM (with serum serenely placed). These beauty products first made their mark about two decades ago and since then their popularity has only grown manifolds.
What are Serums?
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
These are highly-concentrated products based on water or oil. They contain substances that are 20 times more biologically active substances than many ordinary creams that we generally use. These are known for faster, better and deeper penetration in the skin and thus giving faster results. Because of the high concentrated ingredients present in the serums, they are fast absorbed in the skin. They are oil or water based and their texture is just like that of a gel or cream. The serums are mostly oil free in texture which is why they do not leave a greasy feel on the skin.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Why Should You Use Serums?
The reasons to use serums are many. They are used to brighten the skin, to prevent ageing, acne, etc. Based on the work they do on the skin, they can be classified as:
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
- Revitalising and rejuvenating.
- Lifting up (anti wrinkle).
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Do I Need To Use a Serum?
Anyone! Yes, a teenager can use it to solve her acne problems while a middle-aged woman can use them to lift up her skin and make it tighter and younger in look. At the same time, a man can also use serums to avoid post shave inflammation.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
How To Use Serums?
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
One can apply serums directly on the skin after proper cleansing, but one has to note the following while using serums:
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
- After applying serums, always follow up with a face cream. You must always use a cream after applying a serum. The use of the cream creates a protective layer on the serum and does not let its substances evaporate. It conserves its properties and helps it work better on the skin. While on the other hand, a cream also works better if applied over a serum. In a way, they both complement each other on skin.
- It is better to apply serum in the night as it will work faster in night when your skin is free of pollution and relaxes.
- It is advisable to use a toner before applying a serum as a toner opens up the pores and helps in the absorption of the serum.
- It is better to massage the serum onto the face with fingers. Take a little amount and gently massage for 30 seconds on the face.
- People with sensitive skin should use these carefully. As they contain active and concentrated ingredients, they can irritate sensitive skin.
- Last but not the least, one should use serums in courses. You can do three-four courses of serums in a year.
What Type of Serums Available in the Market?
There are many commonly available serums in the market. Some of them are Lotus whitening serum, Pond’s Gold Radiance serum, Olay Regenerist Serum, Kaya Skin Clinic’s Serum, Olay White Radiance Serum, Biotique Ageless Lightening Serum, L’Oreal youth code serums, Tatha Face serums and many more.
Image Sources: 1
How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home
Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Brightening Whitening Serum
Shahnaz Husain Saffron Skin Serum
Anew Retroactive Repair Eye Serum
Ponds Age Miracle Concentrated Resurfacing Serum
Skin Food Gold Caviar Serum
Nurture Protect Moisture Boosting Serum
L’occitane Shea Fabulous Serum
Oriflame Time Reversing Instant Illuminating Serum
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum