L’Occitane Hand Gel and Hand Creams
I am very careful and choosy when I buy my hand creams as careful and choosy as I am when I buy my cosmetics, shampoos and conditioners. This is because our hands are the parts that does most work in a day and also becomes dirtiest if not maintained properly. I either carry a hand gel or cream with me always. I have been using these L’Occitane hand gel and creams for a while and these are the 2nd set I’ve got to be finished.
Today I will be reviewing the following
- L’Occitane Ice Hand Cream Gel 30 ml
- L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream 30 ml
- L’Occitane Hand Cream with A.O.C Lavender Essential Oil 30ml
Price – Each tube costs Rs.495 [as mentioned in their Indian website] but since I got this as a kit that has 2 of each of the above gel and creams I don’t exactly remember the price.
1.L’Occitane Ice Hand Cream Gel
This is my favorite among the three for the simple reason that it is a gel . 🙂 I prefer gels for creams, as they get absorbed very quickly and also they are never sticky. When I saw the name on the cover I was a bit confused as it says ‘cream gel’ but later when I got the content out of the tube it was in pure gel form [don’t know why they named it a cream gel].
- Ice hand cream gel penetrates instantly to moisturize and refresh hands.
- Enriched with verbena extract and tapioca powder, this unique cream gel formula may reduce perspiration, by leaving a soft, powder finish on hands.
- Used daily, hands are soft, refreshed and delicately perfumed.
- It is a soft semi transparent gel that is neatly packed in a tube. As I expected the gel gets easily absorbed and leaves a soft and non-sticky skin.
- The packaging is really intact in a tube so no way it spills. The silver colored tube is attractive as well.
- Smells fresh like a mint.
- The Smell lasts for a while.
- Quick absorption along with the mint fragrance gives a fresh feeling.
- Look wise the packaging is not very attractive. Not a very big con though but for few it might matter.
Rating – :-* :-* :-* :-* + 0.5
Would I Repurchase – Yes for sure.
Have you used L’Occitane Ice Hand Cream Gel? Please rate in the box below.
[starratingmulti id=3 tpl=12]
2.L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream
This is my second favorite in the lot and I am reviewing it in the order of my liking. Since I have a very dry skin that I cannot survive without a moisturizer even during extremely sultry days, so this one is an ideal gift for my extremely dry skin.
- Rich in Shea Butter (20%), this smooth cream protects, nourishes and revitalizes the skin.
- The dense texture is rapidly absorbed to leave the hands soft and smooth with no oily residue.
Pros of L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream
- This cream is thick but gets easily absorbed leaving the skin smooth and fresh.
- As it claims does not leave any oily residue at all.
- Nourishes my skin and the effect stays on for a long time.
- My skin looks soft and supple after application. I actually debated a lot between the gel and this cream as I liked both equally good but then the gel took first place coz of the texture.
- The fragrance is very pleasant and I really liked it.
Cons of L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream
- Again the packaging is not very attractive but still the silver tube with an intact lid does look attractive.
- Their store is open only in New Delhi as far as I know.
Rating – :-* :-* :-* :-*
Would I Repurchase – Yes.
Have you used L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream? Please rate in the box below.
[starratingmulti id=4 tpl=12]
3. L’Occitane Hand Cream with A.O.C Lavender Essential Oil
This was the last one I liked among the three, note I still liked this other than the fact that it has lavender fragrance. I actually don’t like the lavender fragrance not only in this hand cream but in any product. This cream is not very thick, I can say it is a state in between the gel and the cream reviewed before this.
- Surprising freshness for this light textured hand cream.
- Delicately fragranced A.O.C lavender essential oil offers antiseptic and soothing properties.
- Enriched with plant oils and honey extract, it leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturized.
Pros of L’Occitane Hand Cream with A.O.C Lavender Essential Oil
- Another lovely moisturizing hand cream that really pampers my tired hands and fingers.
- Moisturizing effect stays long but since I wash my hands frequently I keep applying hand creams/gels again and again. So I can never say about how long a tube lasts . 🙂
- It claims to have antiseptic properties so it pleases me more than I expected.
- Lid is intact like in the other tubes as well.
- The fragrance lasts for a considerable time.
- The fragrance is a big no-no for me but people who don’t mind or who really like Lavender fragrance [like Jewel] will really love this hand cream. This point is actually a disadvantage according to me and just me. If you like the fragrance you’ll love the cream even more.
Rating – :-* :-* :-* :-*
Would I Repurchase – No, as I already gave this tube to my mum.
Overall Verdict – I really love all the 3 hand creams from this brand. As Rati was saying she wanted a good hand cream this came to my mind and thought this review would help her. Also the availability is restricted to New Delhi only . :(So lets hope that we get these products in other cities soon.