Today, I am going to review my all-time favourite blush from my stash. It’s the Lakme Pure Rouge Blusher in the shade Honey Bunch.
Pure Rouge is a pure pressed powder blusher that provides sheer, lightweight application. Color builds lightly layer after layer without heavy coverage. The natural shades delicately highlight the apples of your cheeks and add a warm glow to your complexion.
Rs. 425 for 6 gm.
The blush comes in a card-board outer packaging. On the inside, the case is made of plastic which is plum coloured and has a see-through plastic lid. An applicator is also included in the packaging, but I find it rather useless.
Availability in India:
Easily available at Lakme counters and cosmetic stores. Also available online.
My Experience Lakme Pure Rouge Blusher Honey Bunch:
Honey Bunch is my go-to blush for everyday use. The shade almost blends perfectly with my dusky skin, so much so that people cannot really make out whether I’m wearing a blush or not. It adds just the right amount of glow on my face, without being too obvious, which I love about this shade. It never looks over-the-top. I am completely in love with this shade.
Shade and Finish:
Honey Bunch looks brownish in the pan, but comes out mauve-brown on my (dusky) skin. It is a satiny blush, with very fine shimmer particles.
Swatches: I had a hard time taking swatches. The pictures are not doing justice to the shade.
Pros of Lakme Pure Rouge Blusher Honey Bunch:
- Smooth textured, easily blendable blush.
- Decent pigmentation.
- Has some shimmers, but they are not very obvious. So this shade is suitable for day wear also.
- Gives a healthy glow to the face.
- Staying power is 2-3 hours on an average, after which it fades evenly. May need to be reapplied after that.
- Easily available. Also, it is decently priced.
- Packaging is travel friendly.
Cons of Lakme Pure Rouge Blusher Honey Bunch:
- Using the cell-phone leads to quicker fading of this shade.
- The brush provided with the blush is useless. It cannot be used for touch-ups, as it creates straight lines on the cheek!!
Will I Buy Lakme Pure Rouge Blusher Honey Bunch Again?
Will I Recommend Lakme Pure Rouge Blusher Honey Bunch?
Yes. This shade is more suitable for medium skin tones. May wash-down fair skin tones a bit.
Lakme Absolute Plump and Shine 3D Gloss Beige Shine
Lakme Absolute Moon Lit Highlighter
Lakme Absolute Matte Lip Color 47 Classic Rose
Lakme Absolute Sun-Kissed Bronzer Review, Swatches, Comparison
Lakme Absolute Plump & Shine 6-Hour 3D Gloss Candy Shine
Lakme Absolute Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse
Lakme Absolute Makeup Collection Coming Soon!
Kareena Kapoor Announced as The Face of Lakme ABSOLUTE
Lakme Absolute Collection Blusher Photos, swatches