I am back with a review of Lancôme Oscillation Power Foundation. To begin with this foundation is in powder form.
What Lancome Says:
The 1st micro-vibrating mineral foundation. See a pixel-precise complexion with 14 hour wear. Never messy.Never so simple. Simply push the button and let the velvety cushion applicator glide effortlessly across skin for perfect coverage. Feel newborn skin every day, micro-massages work with gentle minerals to revitalize skin, making it smoother, softer and visibly healthier even after makeup removal. Safe for all skin types, even sensitive.
• Promises a seamless, even makeup result every time
• Leaves skin looking polished, pixel-precise and perfect close up
• After continued use, skin appears healthier and smoother and feels dramatically refined
• Protects skin against environmental and UV damage
• Free of talc, oil and fragrance
• 7,000 micro-vibrations per minute softly break down the mineral powder into micronized particles, for a feather-light powder with an ultra-fine texture
• Aloe, Vitamin E complex
• SPF 21
Where did I Buy it From?
I had asked one of my friends from USA to buy it from me from buymebeauty.com. So it cost me around 30 dollars (shipping was free). It is not available in India. I checked with the Lancôme boutiques in Mumbai & Delhi.
Firstly I was skeptical about the coverage & also the micro-vibrator, because it was a powder foundation (I bought it because the vibrator thing was attractive and also it was for non-oily). But after use it is like a magic in a bottle. It just glides on so smoothly. It gives very good coverage for a powder foundation. Though if not applied properly (over applied) has the tendency to settle in the pores. The unique oscillation brush is relaxing & soothing, though cumbersome. One needs to get a hang of this. Not easy for the first timers.
BARE HAND BEFORE APPLYING THE FOUNDATION
Though it doesn’t stay for 14 hours as claimed by Lancôme, but has good holding capacity for 6-8 hours & given the Mumbai climate i think it is pretty good. Maybe it stays longer in winters or cold climates. It has a medium coverage & is a great foundation for oily skin like mine. Over dry skin it might be a bit cakey though. This does tend to get a bit oily in the middle of the day. I just blotted the oil & it was fine. It also has an SPF of 21 which is very good for foundations. The plus point was it did not break me out. Also at the end of the day my skin doesn’t look tired, it’s still fresh. Overall a great foundation for oily skin. I think I have come to the end of the search for that one perfect foundation for mu oily skin. I absolutely love this product.
I would like to add that this foundation does not give a dewy look, so those who are looking for the dewy look can use a powder highlighter/illuminator over this foundation.
Pros of Lancome Oscillation Power Foundation:
1. Gives good coverage for a powder foundation.
2. Great for oily skin.
3. Does not break me out.
4. Seamless coverage as claimed by Lancôme.
5. Vast range of shades available.
6. lasts long 6-8 hours.
7. Doesn’t make me look tired at the end of the day.
Cons of Lancome Oscillation Power Foundation:
1. Expensive for the quantity (Rs.2126 for 8 grams).
2. Cakey over dry skin.
3. Needs practice before applying it for first time.
4. Not easily available in India ( not even at the LANCOME OUTLETS).
5. Difficulty in choosing shades as we have to order it online.
My Rating: 4/5
One point minus for the difficulty in availability & the price factor.
WILL I BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN???
Definitely YES! YES! YES!!!
Have you used Lancome Oscillation Powder Foundation? Please rate in the box below
Lancome India Launches French Coquettes Collection Fall 2010
Lancome Teint Idole Silky Mat Sneak Peek
Lancome Lip Gloss- La Laque Fever Spot Pink Review, Swatches
Lancome Le Crayon Khol Eyeliner Brun & Silver Review, Photos, Swatches
Lancome Teint Idole Silky Mat
Lancome Ombre Absolue Palette Intemporel Smoky