Hello friends 🙂
Hope all of you are doing fine, and gearing yourself up for the upcoming navratri – dandiya season! I am back again to share my latest purchase with you all which is again a primer. I know, you might be thinking that I am going crazy for primers, but believe me finding the best primer is as necessary as finding the right shade of your foundation. After all, primer forms the base of our makeup, and it also adds to our basic skincare. I mean we cannot just put on makeup to look good temporarily while harming our skin in the long run. Can we?
I am sure every IMBBan thinks and researches nth times before putting on a single layer of even lotion and that is totally fine, after all our skin is more important than anything else. I have also understood the importance of getting different products for different concerns and seasons. Now that you all are convinced with my justification, let’s read more about Lorac POREfection Mattifying Face Primer!
Prime, prep and perfect with POREfection Mattifying Face Primer. This oil, fragrance and paraben-free primer is infused with salicylic acid and antioxidants of vitamins A, C and E to help skin appear healthy, youthful and radiant. The skin-perfecting formula helps to minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines for a silky-smooth, poreless-looking, matte finish. Get long-lasting makeup wear and achieve complexion POREfection with LORAC! Suitable for all skin types.
$32 for 1.7 FL OZ; I bought it for $19.50 a while back
My Experience with Lorac POREfection Mattifying Face Primer:
The primer comes in a shining black, opaque tube packaging with a flip top opening. It does have a slightly synthetic smell which is fine to me as it subsides after a while. Over all, I like its user friendly, hygienic and travel friendly packaging. The primer appears to be a silicone based gel textured lotion, just like my previous Make Up For Ever Mattifying Primer, though the former primer looks like white gel in color and this Lorac primer is translucent.
It effortlessly blends on my skin even with fingertips while I use my fluffy brush for special occasions. It also sets with a waxy finish on skin without settling into my fine lines and/or clinging to dry patches. Still I feel that a well scrubbing and moisturizing session prior using such gel primers really helps in achieving a flawless finish. It forgives minor dryness and issues as per my experience though.
I can see that it not only disappears on my skin within seconds, but it absorbs every trace of shine on my face, just like an oil absorbing balm. I mean, I usually start with a CTM routine and my face moisturizer gives me dewy finish, hence applying this primer over a moisturizer helps to transform the dewy finish into matte finish, which is highly needed during summers. Even I can see that my large, open pores appear visibly smaller (almost negligible) after applying the primer on skin. Don’t expect to see any magical blurring effects, just visible difference in pore size for limited hours with it.
I mean, it might forgive minor dryness or prominent open pores on our skin, but it won’t hide them; just shrinkage of pores for decent hours. Moreover it also imparts a slight glow to our skin tone that doesn’t hamper the foundation shade. We can wear it alone (on its own) with just a dab of powder to get almost flawless results on bare skin. Impressive, huh! However the issue is that even it claims to give long hours of mattified results, but I can see oil drops on my face within 5-6 hours of wear time, that too despite topping it with an oil absorbing powder. Now this is slightly disappointing.
I am not sure if it increases the wear time of my makeup as I normally get 6-7 hours of wear time with any good primer. In this case, I need to re-apply makeup and/or need touch up within few hours. Though I agree that this deal is pretty cheaper than other branded primers I have tried, especially when I have bought it in discount. I guess it will definitely suit every skin type as they claim, irrespective of it being prone to acne, while very oily skinned beauties may love it during winters when our skin becomes less oily.
Let’s sum up pros and cons:
Pros of Lorac POREfection Mattifying Face Primer:
• A lightweight silicone based primer for every skin type
• It gets applied evenly without settling into fine lines or patches even with fingertips
• It absorbs oil off my skin like an oil absorbing balm for decent hours
• It helps in shrinking large pores up to a good extent apart from creating a smooth, waxy canvas on our well scrubbed and hydrated skin surface
• It does not cause dryness on my skin nor does it aggravate my oily skin
• It keeps oil at bay for decent 5-6 hours on its own, while it might provide decent wear time of 6-7 hours while worn under foundation
• It does not hamper with our makeup or foundation as it gives translucent finish
• Even we can use it alone with a dab of powder on problem free skin and/or if we are fine with minor flaws like acne scars, small zits etc
• Quite hygienic, user friendly & travel friendly packaging
Cons of Lorac POREfection Mattifying Face Primer:
• I didn’t notice any anti-acne benefits from this primer
• It didn’t help me clear or refine my skin texture even after wearing it regularly, considering it has salicylic acid (though negligible)
• It works like a decent oil absorbing, mattifying primer, nothing much
• The oil controlling properties are average; nothing extraordinary
• I didn’t get more than 8 hours of wear time when using it beneath my oil free makeup; it alone gives hardly 4-5 hours of mattifying results
Considering it has salicylic acid, I was hoping for some real good results; nothing miraculous though. I was expecting at least more than 8 hours of results which is, sadly, not delivered by this product. As usual, I am hoping that winters will definitely help me get maximum benefits from this oil absorbing primer. I might skip it as this long tube will last me couple of months. I may come across something new and fascinating for my oily skin & large pores in the mean time.
Lorac Pro Contour Palette and Pro Contour Blush
Lorac Unzipped Gold Eyeshadow Palette
Lorac Pro Palette
Lorac Unzipped Palette
Lorac Tantalizer Highlighter and Matte Bronzer Duo
Beauty Formulas Deep Cleansing Nose Pore Strips
Lakme 9 to 5 Mattifying Super Sunscreen
Maybelline Matte Maker Mattifying Powder
5 Best Homemade Coffee Face Packs
Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer
Arbonne Makeup Primer