WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi everyone 🙂
I picked up 5 of these L’Oreal Infalliable Paints The Liquid Liners just to swatch on IMBB, around 15 days ago. I have tried to make them work so many times now and thought I might as well review them also.
INR 845 each.
The 5 colors I picked are:
- Electric Blue- 302 – Mid tone cobalt blue. applied evenly.
- Black Party 300 – A medium black. Worst of all. Applies patchily.
- Vivid Aqua 304 – A bright aqua blue. Can be streaky but still one of the best ones.
- Interpid Teal 306 – Teal blue. Went patchily.
- Wild Green 308 : Midtone forest green
I thought these would be the prettiest “new launch” liners, but I am so disappointed with them. I so wanted to do creative liner looks with these, but these just failed so badly. This is the second time I am doing eye swatches for these liners because the first time around, they looked all patchy and streaky, so I have done simple eyeliner swatches this time to make them look more presentable.
I’d quickly jump on the pros and cons:
Pros of L’Oreal Paris Infallible Liquid Paints Liquid Eyeliner:
- Gorgeous packaging. The coloured pens looks pretty pretty and peppy.
- The tip is longer than most liquid eyeliner pens. The tip is quite soft and has a little bent. It makes for easy application.
- The colours are really fun and can add pop to any basic eyeliner look.
- They are very pigmented, but honestly, they swatch better on hand than they apply on the eyes.
- They dry pretty quickly.
- In perfect conditions, they also tend to stay put on the upper lash line. They always worked better when I had applied primer and powder on my lids than directly applying them on the lids. I have oily eyelids so I always do that before applying any eyeliner.
- Very expensive for a drugstore brand.
- Most of them apply patchily and streaky. And the black one is the saddest black liner I have tried in a long time. I wanted to create an inner corner wing with the black liner and it just looks so faded lackluster black.
- These are not waterproof and a single drop of tear tends to break the liner.
- After a few hours of wear, the liner fades mostly on the wing area and also on the wing ‘dent’ if that makes sense.
- The tip tends to dry between application on both eyes. Also, I tend to do a lot of creative makeup, so my liners tend to stay open for longer, these just kept drying so much every few seconds. It does not happen too often with my other liners. These became painful to work with after a while.
I also found that if you press very hard with the tip on the second coat, the bottom layer lends to move. The tip kind of removes the first layer when you try to do a second layer. In my honest opinion, there are too many blues in just a 5-liner range. They could have added more variation in such a small range.
I can’t even tell you how disappointed I am with these liners. I loved the colors. I would like to mention a few things however.
1. They work better when you have a powder and primer underneath.
2. These tend to last all day long with just a regular non winged liner.
3. These are streaky and patchy if you look them up close, which I do because I take close shots of makeup. Form a bit far distance, they look just fine. If that’s okay with you, then these are not a bad bet, especially for the stunning colors.
I would not recommend this range. I have so many liners in my collection and since the time I have got these, I have literally resisted reaching out to them. I mean I would be worried wearing them out – my wing might fade, my eyes might water and that might disrupt the liner…can’t rely on these at all. I wasted my money. You can save yours . 🙂
L’Oreal Paris Liner Magique Black Eye Liner
L’Oreal Paris Super Liner 24 Hour Waterproof Gel Eyeliner
L’Oreal Paris 36H Super Liner Profound Black Gel Intenza Eyeliner
L’Oréal Paris Super Liner Perfect Slim – Intense Black
L’Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner in Black
Makeup Revolution London Black Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
Maybelline Master Precise Curvy Liquid Eyeliner
MUA Matte Liquid Eyeliner – Black
Maybelline New York Hyper Matte Liquid Liner