WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lotus Herbals Skin Polisher : Kiwi & Grapes Review
Claims : Especially formulated for sensitive skin . It gently deep cleanses, tightens pores and rejuvenates skin.
What makes skin polishes superior to scrubs ?
Over scrubbing with ordinary face scrubs can often lead to rashes and redness. Lotus Herbals skin polisher on the other hand does not have any abrasive effect on skin. . They have ultra fine granules that tenderly clear dead skin cells while nourishing skin to give it flawless radiance.
Price : Rs 245 for 100 gm
Kiwi : Rich in vitamins that helps in combating free radicals and aid skin cells regeneration.
Grapes : Astringent properties , cleanses, tightens pores.
Skin Type : For Sensitive Skin.
For reference : I have dry skin.
The skin polishes comes in a transparent plastic jar. The new packaging is sealed with a plastic film.Also, then you open the screw cap, there is a thin plastic partition that prevents the spillage of the product.
What I like about Lotus Herbals Kiwi & Grapes Revitalizing Skin Polisher:
- The sole reason I purchased this was the fresh kiwi + grapes fragrance it had. I was totally sold by the smell. It is not overpowering. It is smells very fresh.
- It is a good every day scrub. The granules are coarse but not scratchy. They can be a little scratchy for those who have acne problem but otherwise it is sort of fine.
- It leaves my facial skin feeling clean and rejuvenated.
- More than the face scrub I love using it as a body scrub. It works excellent as foot and body scrub. You can actually feel that clean effect on your skin after using it. And I love using it for my feet daily. It leaves my feet very clean.
- It does dry my skin a little but nothing that a regular moisturiser cannot take care of.
- The texture of the skin polish is semi runny so it spreads easily and easy to work with. It does not lather or foam, it just scrubs.
- It’s quite a pretty looking skin polisher. I love the green colour. 😀
- It does not leave a slippery feeling behind. However I do feel that you need more than the regular amount of water to get that squeaky clean feeling.
- The ingredients don”t say that it contains parabens but it also doesn’t say that it does not contain parabens. I think I’d live with the first thought. 🙂
What I don’t like about Lotus Herbals Kiwi & Grapes Revitalizing Skin Polisher:
- The jar packaging and the wide mouth. It’s totally disgusting to dip your wet hands in the jar in case you require more product. I just tilt the jar to get take out more product.
- I don’t see any pores tightening effect.
- I does not help in getting rid of black or white heads. But I think that’s why it is called a skin polisher and not a scrub. 😐 But then it’s sort of tedious to use a separate scrub for black heads and a separate one for face.
I received the miniature version of the same skin polisher from Lotus today. I am not sure if it’s the sample size , which is so tiny or if the tiny version is also available at the shops. At least I didn’t find it at the stores. This is 50 gm for Rs 115.
The second skin polisher is for oily combination skin. Read Raunak’s review HERE
Here is the third version – pomegranate and plum.
Pomegranate one claims a radiant skin. It looks like a plum jam. It’s quite thick and gooey. It looks like a jam. 😛 I didn’t like the fragrance of it so went ahead with the kiwi version.
Top pomegranate and Plum
Bottom : Kiwi and grapes.
Overall , I like the kiwi skin polisher more as a body scrub than a face scrub. Heads over heels in love with it it for my daily feet cleaning. Would definitely repurchase it. I hope they bring this in tube version.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-* :-* + 0.5