Well one of my resolutions for 2011 was to write a post on IMBB…so here it is!!!!!!
As most of you must be aware I am a newbie in makeup and all I had used for foundation was Lakme..
After falling in lovveee with IMBB and reading tonness of reviews.I came to the conclusion that the base makeup should be the best…as Rati once told me “Even if you have to go to MARS to get your perfect base makeup go and buy it!!!” Thankfully I just had to travel from Surat to Mumbai. 😀
Well after reading the reviews I had decided that i want to go with MAC Studio tech or Mineralise skin finish.I entered the MAC store with these two names in my mind.They were out of stock of Studio tech so I cheked on MSF and studio fix fluid.
The MUA tried MSF on one side and Studio fix fuild on the other. As suggested by the makeup gurus at IMBB I chkd the shade out of the store light. MSF was looking a little shiny on my face and didn’t hav enuf coverage so I went ahead with Studio fix Fluid Foundation.
Here is what MAC says about the product: A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients. Oil free.
Price: 30 ml / 1.0 fl oz US$ 26 app 1600/-$26
Here is the pic. I am NC 37 shade
Here is the pic on the day I had purchased the foundation.This pic was taken after 4-5 hrs of application. I have not applied anything on my eyes/under eye area as I couldn’t find the perfect shade of concealer.Also, the MUA said that I don’t need it. I am wearing the foundation without a primer underneath.
Here is the pic with Studio fix fluid freshly applied.
Pros of MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
- Provides more coverage and a nice finish.
- Concealer is not needed for the face. I have some blemishes after my pregnancy and it covers them too.
- Provides a nice matte finish which is best suited for my combination-oily skin.
- Is very easy to apply.I am a beginner and apply it wth my fingers.
- Doesn’t look cakey at all.It looks quite natural
- Even without a primer it stayed on for around 6 hours.I removed it after 6 hours so don’t know if it will stay after that.
- It didn’t oxidize at all.
- It has SPF 15
- It is quite buildable..very few chance of lukin like a ghost…
- The quantity is good since a very small amount of product is required and I thnk it will last me for a long time.
- It didn’t break me out.
Cons of of MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
- It doesn’t come with a pump so you have to buy it separately.
- I have to moisturise before using it since it may look dryin or cause flakiness.The MUA had also moisturised my skin before applying it.So i have never applied this foundation without moisturing my face.
Verdict: I will give it :-* :-* :-* :-* I have taken one point becasue of the pump. I would highly recommend this for anyone who has oily skin and just wants a natural coverage/look.
Will I re-purchase: I want to try how Studio tech looks on me. If it doesn’t suit me, I will definitely get this one again.
Hope you liked my 1st attempt.
Have you tried MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation Review
- MAC Mineralize Satinfinish Foundation Review
- MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation Review
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation Review
- MAC Studio Tech Foundation Review
- MAC Pro Longwear Foundation Review
- MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation Review