MAC Tartan Tale Dazzle the Lads Lip Bag (Rs 2100)
There are some browns I love. Tartan Tale collection offers most of them .
This lip bag contains :
- Moth to Flame Dazzleglass : It is a shimmery sheer peachy brown lip gloss. It will look almost transparent on lips.
- Draw Me Close Lip Pencil : A neutral peach pink lip pencil.
- Baron’s Rose Lipstick : It is a creemsheen lipstick. It is a semi sheer bronzy lipstick with golden sheen.
MAC A Fabulous Fantasy Lip Kit ( Rs 2000)
I loved these lip kits. Very very practical approach of putting two lipsticks and one lipgloss in a kit.
The shades are:
- Heroic Tale : It’s a shimmery bronzy brown lip gloss. It’s a sheer gloss and you just get a hint of soft brown colour on application. The shimmer is quite obvious.
- Imagine This : is a muddy peachy brown lipstick with a creamy finish. It doesn’t have shimmer in it.
- Storybook Ending : It’s a plummy bronze lipstick with obvious golden shimmer to it. The finish it quite glossy and it is not as opaque as Imagine this.
MAC Happily Ever After Lip Kit (Rs 2000)
This is a pink based lip palette. They have given super cute names to their lipsticks in this palette :
- Endless Fun :It’s a sheer frosty pink lipgloss. It has an obvious golden shimmer.
- Cheers All Around : It’s a rosy pink lipstick with medium opacity.
- To joy : It’s a peachy pink lipstick with a golden frosty finish to it.
A Triumphant Blush Face Kit : ( Rs 2500)
This kit was one of the best priced product I found in the collection. there are two blushes and one beauty powder in this kit. Each MAC Blush individually costs around Rs 1200 and Beauty Powder around 1500. Although I agree that you get more product but even this kit is going to last you years.
This kit has :
- Melba Blush : It’s a muted coral brown blush . It has a beautiful satiny finish without any shimmer or glitter. It doesn’t give a muddy look at all.
- Peachtwist Blush : It is a muted bronzy sheer tone blush. The shade can be used both as an highlighter or mostly as an evening wear blush.
- Smooth Harmony Beauty Powder : I love MAC beauty powders but somehow I wanst too impressed with the Smooth Harmony’s shade in particular. It would barely show on my skintone , in fact would rather look muddy. Although texture has a slight satiny finish like all MAC beauty powders.
You slide the top and the beauty powder is located in the bottom compartment.
MAC Tartan Tale Beauties Play It Cool Eyeshadow Palette ( RS 2500)
To start with, I wasn’t very impressed with any of the ey palettes The pigments were not as comparable to the regular MAC eyeshadows. Some of the shades swatched nicely while some of them were just not showing up.
This particular palette was one of those that were decently pigmented . The basic theme of this palette is purple.
There are six eyeshadows in every palette:
Top 3 (l-r):
- Silverwear : It’s a frosty whitish silver eyeshadow.
- Hold My Gaze : It’s a khaki greish shade with golden sheen to it.
- To the ball : It’s a muted greyish purple eyeshadow.,Badly pigmented. I had a tough time swatching it only.
- Altered State : It’s a pretty purple eyeshadow. decently pigmented, went on smoothly and great for purple smokey eyes.
- Magic Moor : It’s a deep brownish plum eyeshadow. Decently pigmented.
- Heather belles : It’s a deep purple with a hint of purple to it. Swatched weirdly but wasn’t as bad as “to the ball”
MAC Tartan Tale Reelers & Rockers Eyeshadow Palette
This palette has a mix of both cool and warm tone eyshadows.
Top 3 l-r
- White Rabbit : It’s a shimmery white eyeshadow, mainly for highlighting. Swatched smoothly and is decently pigmented.
- Melt My heart : It’s a frosty silver eyeshadow . Swatched smoothly and is decently pigmented.
- Carbon : Looks crappy in swatches but a good matte black eyeshadow.
Bottom 3 (l-r)
- Family Treasure : It’s a yellowish gold eyeshadow . Great pigmentation.
- Gaelic Gold : It’s a tarnish gold eyeshadow . I have an exactly same eyeshadow in my Inglot palette. 😉 This one swatched smoothly and is decently pigmented.
- Crown & Scepture : This shade reminds me of MAC cranberry eyeshadow. It’s a pinky copper eyeshadow with a good pigmentation and smooth application.
This was the best eyeshadow palette among all.
MAC Tartan Tale Twists of Tartan Eyeshadow Palette
Top 3 (l-r)
- Lady’s Prance : Badly pigmented muddy beige eyeshadow.
- Rolled Gold : It’s a greenish gold eyeshadow. It quite shimmery but not as shimmery as you woould expect from a shimmer eyeshadow. Medium pigmentation.
- High Spirits : It’s a light green eyeshadow with golden sheen to it. Bad pigmentation again.
- Vainglorious : This eyeshadow is going to be launched in MAC Venomous Villains Collection. I was left surprised when I swatched this one . The original Vainglorious is a beautifully pigmented bronzy plum eyeshadow. The one in the palette totally lacks the pigmentation and smoothness that the original eyeshadow has.
- Set To dance : It’s a blackened blue eyeshadow. The beautiful it looked in the pan, the badly it came on application.
- Bows and Courtseys : It’s a dark greyish green eyeshadow with soft golden shimmer to it. Just check the swatch..bad!
MAC Tartan Tale Dashing Lassies Eyeshadow Palette
- A Dashing Lassie : Frosty beige eyeshadow mainly for highlighting. It’s very cool toned and may not look pretty on a lot of Indian Skintones
- Once Upon A Time : It’s a silvery metallic with a hint of bronze eyeshadow. It’s not very pigmented.
- Magical Mist : It’s a silvery metallic greenish brownish eyeshadow. Very strange and unique colour I would say. Decent pigmentation.
- Bronze : Deep golden bronze eyeshadow. Awesome pigmentation
- Buckwheat : It’s a deep brown eyeshadow with bronze green shimmer to it. Again, great pigment.
- Showstopper: It’s a very cool dark brown matte eyeshadow. Great for layering.
It’s one of the decently pigmenetd eyeshadow palette from the collection. If you like neutral brown eye shadows, this one be good to consider. Not very impressed however.
That completes the full Tartan Tale Collection. 🙂
Also, Read :
- MAC Tartan Tale Blush, Liner, Eye Shadow, Nail Lacquer Photos, Swatches
- MAC Tartan Tale Dazzleglass Cremes, Lipstick Photos, Swatches
- MAC Sassy Pink, Sassy Neutral Lipglass Set Swatches, Photos
- MAC Tartan Tale – Vain & Glorious Lip Bag Review, Swatches
- MAC Tartan Tale Exclusives, Viva Glam, Brush Kits Photos, Swatches