Makeup revolution eyeshadow palettes have managed to create so much buzz in the makeup town since they have come up with so many different and gorgeous palettes. I picked up the “Essential Shimmers” palette because it looked very pretty and I am more into shimmers than matte shadows for eyes. Find out how this palette worked for me.
4 GBP/Retails at INR 1050 in India.
Product Description by Makeup Revolution:
The ultimate palettes with ultra high payoff. A perfect mix of pearl, shimmer and matte shades. Totally collectable and a pure sell-out!
My Experience with Makeup Revolution Essential Shimmers Redemption Palette:
Packaging: This eyeshadow palette comes in a rectangular shape with a transparent lid. The lid makes it very easy for us to see the beautiful shades without opening the palette. The packaging is pretty basic but looks gorgeous. The palette is travel friendly since the lid closes with a click. The price if considered in GBP is dirt cheap, but in India, it is a bit expensive. At INR 1050, it is a great palette at a great quality, but I wish it was a bit cheaper.
- 1-A light off-white colour which is great for highlighting the brow-bone and the inner corners of the eyes.
- A light beige colour which can again be used as a highlighter or a base colour.
- A darker beige shade with more shimmers to add up to the glamour.
- A pretty gold colour which is amazingly gorgeous and versatile.
- A dark rose gold shade which is very pretty and one of my favourites from the palette.
- A warm yellow gold colour with coppery hints perfect for weddings and festive season.
- A deep brown colour that can be used in the outer V for smokey eyes and to create a gradation.
- This shade looks like a blend of rose gold and brown.
- The darkest beige shade which comes over shade 2 and 3.
- A super stunning taupe shade which acts as the perfect base.
- A blend of rose gold and gold with hints of brown.
- A lighter taupe shade.
Texture and Finish: The texture of the eyeshadows is not chalky or gritty at all. The powder is very fine which glides super smoothly on my eyes. It does not cause any fall out. The application is smooth and the colour appears on my eyes in just one swipe; however, I have to build it up to create more intensity. The shades are very pigmented and each one looks different than the other one. The shades are pretty shimmery and I totally love such shades over the matte ones. The shimmers are very minute which do not look cheap at all; in fact, it gives my eyes all the jazz and glamour that it needs.
Staying Power: The eyeshadows stay for a pretty long time on my eyes. They last up to 6-7 hours and even more with an eye primer beneath. The shades don’t spread near the eye area at all. The color just loses the intensity after a few hours, but the last power is great for a palette which is just drugstore.
Overall, a must-try palette if you like shimmery shades! If not, then try the other palettes as one will find the one of their choice.
Pros of Makeup Revolution Essential Shimmers Redemption Palette:
- Compact palette which is travel friendly.
- A lot of variants available to choose from.
- Affordable for a palette that will last for years.
- Finely milled powder which gives a smooth finish.
- Beautiful neutral shades ranging from light to dark with a shimmery finish.
- The shimmery finish looks absolutely gorgeous.
- Perfect shades for parties and festive seasons.
- Great everyday wear shades.
- Each shade looks unique on the eyes.
- Suitable for all skin tones.
- Lasts on the eyes for 6-7 hours and even more with a primer.
Cons of Makeup Revolution Essential Shimmers Redemption Palette:
- The price gap is wide.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Makeup Revolution Essential Shimmers Redemption Palette?
This will go a long way, but yet, if I have to buy one, then this will surely be the one. Highly recommended if you don’t want to go for matte eyeshadow palettes!
If you don’t want to splurge o the expensive palettes, this go for these Makeup Revolution palettes as they are worth every penny!
Makeup Revolution Redemption Iconic 1 Eye Shadow Palette is Close to Perfect
Makeup Revolution Ultra Eyeshadows Flawless Palette
Makeup Revolution Colour Chaos Salvation Palette
Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eye Shadow Palette is a Dupe For?
ELF Essential Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil Twinkle Teal, Gunmetal
Bh Cosmetics 88 Colors Cool Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette
Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette
NYX Merci Beaucoup Love In Paris Eye Shadow Palette
Chambor 54 Rose Shimmer Trio Eye Shadow