As the temperatures rise and summer creeps in, makeup can become a sticky mess. To avoid the makeup horrors in hot summer months just follow these basic tips while getting ready.
Makeup Tips for Summers:
• To avoid makeup breakdown in summers it is important to prep your T-zone with a light antiperspirant product. Apply a lightweight primer, they really help hold makeup in place. Now, apply a lightweight foundation that does not feel heavy on skin. Do not try to layer on foundation to hide imperfections rather go for an even skin tone look. It’s better if you opt for a tinted moisturizer with SPF instead of your regular foundation as it will give you an even coverage apart from being light on skin. If you do not want to spend money on a tinted moisturizer then here is what you can do. Just combine a small amount of your liquid foundation with an equally small amount of moisturizer. This light formula is sufficient to cover flaws without making you look cakey.
• Stay away from concealer; apply a small amount of foundation to conceal any spots.
• Avoid using pressed powder in summers as it can form patches on skin. If you must use it, use it sparingly.
• Apply an eye primer and then use a soft shimmery eye shadow on your lids. A good base should hold your eyeshadow and your eyeliner well. To get that glow on your lids opt for a coloured eye gloss. These don’t crease as quickly as a cream shadow. Do not opt for cream eye shadow as they can melt off the face in hot summer months. Apply waterproof or long-wear gel eyeliner in colours like brown, black and navy. Curl your lashes and apply a few coats of waterproof mascara. Or still better use a smear proof clear lash gel for a glimmering effect.
• For cheek colour, apply a light layer of a gel or liquid blush. These stay longer than powder blush. Light shade of bronzer on cheekbones and chin gives you a beautiful sun tan. If you use bronzer, skip blush. If you aren’t using bronzer, a light apricot or peach blush is an ideal choice.
• For lips try a lip liner to avoid colour from bleeding. Lips should have a coat of long-wear lip stain with a bit of shine. Do not overkill your look by using dark colours on your lips. Soft matte is the most preferable one for the ladies. It can be a pink shade or soft brown with sheer gloss. Also, stay away from clear gloss as believe it or not they can increase your chances of lip burn. Gloss with a bit of colour is a best bet, since the pigment is a natural sun block and SPF in it will help further.
• Finish your look with a few spritzes of a makeup-setting spray.
• To hide your body scars try body concealers which are water-resistant.
Hope these tips will help you to look fresh and radiant rather than looking ruined and washed out in summers.
Monsoon Makeup Tips
How to Prevent Eyeliner from Smudging
Skin and Hair Care Tips for Monsoons
Basic Eye Makeup Tips
How to Prevent Summer Makeup Meltdown
12 Quick Fix Makeup Tips
15 Budget Beauty Tips
How To Prevent Kajal from Smudging
How to Prevent Premature Aging
How to prevent Mascara from Clumping?