Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Plaza Pink
I was looking forward to getting this product as it would be my first time to try something from the Maybelline Color Sensational line of lipsticks. Rati had asked me if the Plaza Pink shade was available here, so that saved me the effort of picking out a color from the numerous shades in this line.
Plaza Pink is actually not among the pink shades being offered at the Maybelline counters here, but I easily found it on my favourite online shopping haunt these days, Ebay. The price of it plus the local shipping fee totalled to about 300 Pesos (approx Rs. 322), which is the same as the price it is being sold at in the malls.
The photo of the lipstick above is pretty close to how it looks like in actual. To me it looks like a medium mauve-ish pink, with very fine silver shimmers which aren’t really noticeable on the lips. It does lean towards the cool side and has tinges of purple in it, but it’s not an entirely cool color that warm-toned girls like me can’t wear it. It’s a great color for the office and for daytime wear.
If I want to bring some color to my face though, I can’t rely on this lipstick alone since the cool shade seems to make me look kind of pale or washed out. Blush and/or eye makeup is pretty much mandatory when I use this lipstick, otherwise, I look a bit awkward with just this on my face and no other makeup.
(Photo taken outdoors without flash)
Pink Plaza is a touch darker in person compared to the swatch above, but you can see the cool undertone of the color here. It’s not a shade I would have picked for myself (would probably have chosen my usual medium pink, brown-pink, or coral), but I’m happy to have tried a new color and experimented with it, to see how I can make it work for my coloring and personal style.
Pros of Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Plaza Pink
• I love that the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks are affordable.
• This particular color makes my lips look soft and delicate. Quite appropriate for the office too.
• It’s nicely pigmented. I only need to put on a layer or two for the color to show up.
• The texture is nice and smooth and goes on my lips easily and evenly.
• It feels lightweight and not sticky—after a while I forget that I’m wearing anything on my lips.
• I like the artificial but fun vanilla-caramel scent of it.
• Nice packaging. The colored cap doesn’t look cheap to me.
Cons of Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Plaza Pink
• I think some of those with warm-toned skin may find this shade to be too cool. I have medium skin with warm yellow undertones but personally I was able to make it work for me. Paler, cool-toned girls would have no problem at all wearing this, I think.
• Does seem to fade in just a few hours.
Overall I think Plaza Pink is an interesting color, though if you have warm-toned skin it would be best if you try it on at the counter before buying. I would love to try more shades from the Color Sensational line.
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks
Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Warm Me Up
8 Pink Lip Gloss
Lipice Sheer Color Lame Sparkle Pink
Lacoste Joy of Pink Eau de Toilette
Streetwear Satin Smooth Lipcolor in Pink Rush
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!