Let’s admit it – some nail paints that look great on fair hands may not come out too well on dark or brown hands. There are some nail polishes that bring out the beauty of dark hands. My favorite nail polish colors are from Lotus Herbals – they have all beautiful and unique colors and are acetone, DBP, and toulene free. My word of advice is whenever you pick polishes – check for “toulene, DBP, formaldehyde, acetone free” tags because various researches have established that these toxic chemicals can cause hormonal imbalances, asthma, and other adverse effects on health. So, all nail paint lovers, be aware! Coming back to the topic, let’s see some of the nail colors that would look awesome on dark hands. So, without further ado, let’s get directly to the post:
1. Lotus Herbals Colour Dew Nail Enamel – Crimson: It’s a true gorgeous red – not an in between – perfectly red. Rati had listed this nail polish in her “Currently Loving” edition. I bought this immediately and loved it on my nails – it looks awesome on fair, dark, brown, all kinds of skin tones.
2. Lotus Herbals Pink Doll: This is another one of my favorite – it’s a pretty baby pink with hints of lavender in it, goes completely opaque on nails.
3. Maybelline Colorshow Hooked on Pink: It’s a hot pink nail polish – a pink for all complexions.
4. Lakme Fast and Fabulous Fuschia Pink: Fuschia Pink is a perfect bright fuschia colour and it goes opaque in one coat. However, two coats are still necessary to attain the perfect fuchsia.
5. Essie Nail Lacquer – In the Cab-ana: This shade is called a “self-assured aqua azure.” It is a bright medium blue shade. There is a slight hint of aqua also. Though the shade is very pretty, it may make your hands look slightly darker, but dark hands would rock this color, try it!
6. China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Re-Fresh Mint: Mint looks great on nails and you can wear them throughout the year. This one goes opaque in a single coat.
7. Essie Butler Please: It’s a vibrant blue color, thick and creamy in consistency.
8. Zoya Nail Lacquer in Micky: This is a beautiful creamy coral color. The color is gorgeous, not like the usual colors you get in other nail paint brands.
9. Zoya Nail Lacquer in Toni: This one is a dark, warm, raisin wine cream – an oxblood color. You can see hints of plum, burgundy, and purple in it.
10. Ciate Ditch the Heels: This one is a pretty apple martini shade.
11. China Glaze Cowgirl Up: It’s a true aubergine nail paint with hints of shimmer.
12. Lotus Herbals Deep Sea: This is my all-time favorite – it is an aqua blue color with no shimmer or glitter.
13. Chanel Nail Lacquer in Pirate: It’s a blue toned deep dark red – perfect to wear on feet, will make hands and feet look fairer.
14. Dior Blue Label: It’s a true midnight blue shade – so rich and lush. A must-have for all skin tones.
15. OPI Nail Lacquer – Happy Anniversary: A silver-pearl nail polish with lots of pearl shimmer and fine silver glitter. It will give the sheen and shine they need.
16. Estee Lauder Ultra Violet: It’s a proper plum-violet with lovely glitter.
17. Estee Lauder Wicked Green: This one is a beautiful rich green color, does not have any shimmer or glitter.
18. Zoya Nail Lacquer in Monica: Dark and blue-purple color with glossy finish.
19. Zoya Nail Lacquer in Charisma: An ultra bright neon magenta-red purple color that gives a matte finish.
20. OPI Push and Shove: A beautiful silver color with a glossy sheen.
21. Essie She’s Pampered: An indulgent red, raspberry red that would look good on all skin tones.
22. OPI Nail Lacquer – Gargantuan Green Grape: A pastel green, non-shimmery milky shade.
23. OPI Nail Lacquer – Do You Lilac It: A beautiful milky lavender shade without any shimmer.
24. OPI Black Onyx: A gorgeous black shade with glossy finish.
Essie Nail Lacquer in Eternal Optimist
Essie Nail Lacquer – She’s Pampered
Essie Head Mistress Nail Polish
Essie Nail Polish in Butler Please
Essie Nail Lacquer – Sunday Funday
Essie Nail Polish – Fair Game
Essie Smooth Trick Deep-Conditioning Cuticle Oil
Essie Mirror Metallics – Penny Talk Nail Polish
Makeup for Dark Skin
Lip Colors Which Do NOT Suit Dark Skin
7 Ways To Highlight The Best Features Of Dark Skin
LUSH Dark Angels Skin Cleanser
Dark Chocolate Honey Face Pack For Oily Skin – DIY