I think not enough importance is given to the fact that there are literally so many different shades of skin in this world, each uniquely lovely in its own way – so when you read makeup tips in most glossies, they seem focused mostly on the non-Indian, fair skinned variety. This makes it difficult for us to relate to, hence why most of us end up coming here!!
1. Yellow tones: When it comes to foundation, there are different undertones – there are green tones, purple tones and yellow tones depending on skin depth and colour. Yellow-toned foundations always look best on dark skin. Instead of making you look unnaturally pale or some shades lighter, yellow toned foundations blend into your skin, ensuring that your skin looks clear and glowing and that no difference is seen between the foundation and your skin.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
2. Get the glam up: Shimmery and metallic eyeshadows look mesmerizing on dark skinned women. They can brighten up the face and colours like navy blue, purple and gold can really take the glam factor up by a few notches!
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
3. Lip colours: Burgundy is a beautiful colour to use on your lips. In general, pinks and darkish pinks look lovely, no matter what the occasion. It can really brighten up your face and can be carried off very well.
4. Black or Brown Eyes: Accentuate your most expressive feature: your eyes! Dark black kohl or eyeliner or dark brown eyeliner looks absolutely gorgeous with this type of skin and can really make you look more graceful and expressive. Try different styles like winged eyeliner, or a cat-eye and make those eyes smoulder.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
5. Cheekbone Shine: The best way to highlight cheekbones would be to use a blush with some shimmer in it. If you would rather use bronzer, swipe a small amount onto your cheekbones (not the apples of your cheeks, that seldom helps with contouring properly) and be set to shine. This would accentuate the best parts of your face and add a little extra to your look.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
6. No Light Colours: Stay away from very light colours like baby pink, white, lilac and others and focus on brighter, warmer tones when it comes to choosing makeup colours. This is because very light makeup can cause your skin to look chalky and unnaturally pale, which is definitely not something anyone would want.
7. Earthy Beauty: When it comes to lip colours, elegant maroons and browns look stunning. Choose from shades that remind you of fall, of metallic and of sheer luxury – think dark browns, coffee shades, reds, metallics, raisin reds, and so on. Make sure to choose a lip liner in a colour close to the shade you are going for and you are all set!
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
I hope these tips help you build your own set of tips and tricks to make yourself stand out and wear the most beautiful colours for your skin tone when it comes to lips, nails and skin!
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
Image Source: 1
7 Ways to style a Red Jeans
7 Ways To Save and Splurge On The Right Beauty Buys
7 Ways to Rock Matte Lips This Winter
7 Ways To Use Vitamin E Capsules
7 Different Ways to Drape Lehenga Dupatta
7 Ways To Wear Ruffle Scarf
How to Highlight Your Face – Photo Tutorial
Kryolan Kajal in Highlight
Basic Blush and Highlight Application Tips
Best Hairstyles For College Going Girls
Best Eyelash Curlers Available in India
Best Body Scrubs Available in India
Kareena Kapoor’s Best Hairstyles
Makeup for Dark Skin
Lip Colors Which Do NOT Suit Dark Skin
LUSH Dark Angels Skin Cleanser
Dark Chocolate Honey Face Pack For Oily Skin – DIY