WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi all! I am a huge lip junkie. I am always on the lookout for new lipsticks, lip balms, glosses, stains, you name it! A few days back, I came across NYX Tinted Lip Spa while browsing the cherryculture website. I ordered two shades: Matador & Vintage (they were out of a few colors that I really wanted, so I ended up getting just these 2). The first thing that caught my eye was the name “spa”– it instantly felt so rich and luxurious and rejuvenating and I am so glad that these have completely justified their name. 🙂
NYX describes these as “a treatment that moisturizes, conditions and protects your lips—with Vitamin E and a host of other nourishing ingredients—and graces them with a hint of dewy color.” These are available in 12 shades and as far as I can make out from the swatches online, 2 of these have hints of shimmer in them – Champagne Bubble & Pinky Winky.
Here’s everything I love about NYX Tinted Lip Spa
1. Feels extremely moisturizing. These add moisture and feel really good on the lips. The texture and consistency is even lighter than a regular lip balm.
2. I love the 2 colors I have. The colors are sheer but totally buildable. I have quite pigmented lips and Matador just adds a real healthy glow. Vintage, on the other hand, is a great orangish coral color – again sheer but can be built up. These are just “my lips but better” colors depending on how pigmented your lips are. IMO, these colors look especially great on our Indian skin tones!
3. The staying power is good. If I don’t eat or drink anything, then these will stay on my lips for about 3-4 hours.
4. These are perfect for daily wear when you just want a slight color and shine to your lips. Especially in the summer months, they feel light and nourishing. Will go great when paired with smoky eyes or just for everyday “bare-faced looks”. The first time I applied Vintage, I was pleasantly surprised on how much brighter and flawless my face looked and how full my lips looked. 🙂
5. These take a whole different dimension when paired with a lipliner. To go for a total nude look, I pair Matador with NYX Lipliner in Natural. Vintage looks great with NYX lipliner in Nutmeg and will also work well with any pinkish, berry-ish or mauvish lipliners. These can also be paired with lipsticks to achieve that gloss type finish without adding the shimmer or stickiness of a gloss!
6. As mentioned in the above point, these are absolutely non-sticky!! The main problem I have with most glosses is how sticky they tend to be and I absolutely hate the feeling of my hair getting stuck to my gloss. So you get sheen but not the distracting shine or stickiness of a gloss– how great is that!
7. These give a minty feel to the lips, although I don’t seem to recognize any ingredient which should be giving the minty sensation. It’s not an overpowering feel – just a slightly cooling effect!
8. I love the size of the tube. The packaging is really cute and small and will fit in the smallest of purses! I also love that it has a see through top so you can see all the colors without having to open the top every single time to check the colors!
9. I just feel that it’s a great product for it’s price – it tends to run for $4-$5 depending on where you get it from! For me, it’s like a balm, lipstick and gloss all in one!
What I don’t like about NYX Tinted Lip Spa
1. Even though I like the look of the product, the product inside is so soft that if you twist it too much or apply too much pressure while application, the whole thing could either just come off or scrape the sides of the tube.
2. Since the consistency is really soft, it’s better to twist just a couple turns every time you use it. Also, leaving it in the car or in other hot areas might make this product melt. In case they melt on you, throwing in the fridge overnight might do the trick!
3. I really don’t like the waxy smell of the product. It hits you every time you apply it but once you get over the initial few seconds, it goes away and at least for me, is not bothersome anymore.
4. These do not contain SPF. It’s really a bummer but I still love this product too much to let this affect me too much 🙂
I will definitely buy them again and again and next time, will try their other colors as well.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (I am taking off half a point due to the lack of SPF.)
NYX Lip Lacquer Pot
NYX Lip Cream Addis Ababa
NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors Lipstick
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Antwerp
NYX Slim Lip Liner Pencil in Natural and Hot Red
Oriflame Beauty Lip Spa Therapy
Mannings Lavender Spa Exfoliating Bath Scrub
How To Enjoy a Spa at Home
Olay Body Wash – Spa Exfoliating Ribbons
Fish Spa for Feet
Have You Used NYX Tinted Lip Spa Befoe? Please Rate in the Box Below: