Olay body wash review – “Olay body wash plus spa exfoliating ribbons with micro beads and seaweed extract”
Hello. Today I will be reviewing “Olay body wash plus spa exfoliating ribbons with micro beads and seaweed extract”.
I stumbled upon this product accidentally but it caught my eye and somehow I felt this would be a good product (I then later remembered that it was featured in Marie Claire’s “25 Beauty Products That Will Change Your Life,”http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/trends/articles/25-best-beauty-products), so I purchased it. But I was wrong, it wasn’t a good product……IT’S A GREAT PRODUCT. The Olay site also claims it got voted “Product of the Year Award” in the body care category in 2009 by Consumer Survey of
Ingredients (Refer pic)
My experience –
In winters I always prefer the body wash to be a lotion/creamy body wash. This is a gentle exfoliating wash, I used three four days in a row without follow up of moisturizing after bath and still my skin was fine. On 5th day, I felt the need to moisturize. Then after that I used it regularly twice a week in the winter and the granules were not harsh or irritating for the body at all. Plus since this is a creamy texture, a thin creamy texture (not like a heavy cream) and not gel texture, it does not dry up the body skin .This is one of the best winter exfoliating body washes ever. This is a moisturizing and exfoliating body wash. That’s a tough combination to find. It is truly a “spa” level product, that leaves your skin fresh, soft and super clean after bath.
Ok, be prepared, you will not like the look of this product at all. It will definitely remind you of water mixed up with Rin blue detergent or Surf detergent. Really!! When you look at it, it totally matches surf including the granules being dark blue. I also don’t like the fragrance because it’s too strong & very “chemical type”. Maybe strong fragrance was to counter or balance out the bad look of the product. The packaging is a light blue, not great but not bad either.
Rs 210 for 295 ml.
I think the price is a little expensive, but it stops bothering you when you realize that this one is good to the skin.
Pros of Olay Body Wash – Spa Exfoliating Ribbons
- Despite being a (slightly) creamy body wash, it spreads and lathers well, does quiet a bit of moisturizing and no greasing (making skin oily).
- Exfoliating granules are very gentle and yet do the exfoliation work well
- Skin feels fabulously super soft and clean (that too in the winters).
- Sometimes when you are in rush and have no time to moisturize, this is a good product that allows you to skip that on few occasions
Cons of Olay Body Wash – Spa Exfoliating Ribbons
- Looks like a mixture of lot of surf powder in less water.
- Fragrance of product is too strong. Thankfully after bath you don’t smell this strong.
- Packaging is Ok-Ok
- I have a strong feeling this would not suit me as a summer product because of creamy texture.
- You won’t get this at your regular stores, it will be at some mall or high-end make-up/cosmetics store or your Irla/First Beauty/New Beauty centres (Mumbai).The other way is to order online.
Overall, this product really surprised me. It looks horrible , too much fragrance ……
And is still such a winner on quality .
Will I recommend the product or purchase it again?
Most definitely .
Overall rating – :-* :-* :-* + 0.5 . Apart from the product quality it scores low on other points
- Quality – 4 stars
- Packaging – 1.5 stars
- Availability – 1.5 stars
- Price – 1.5 stars
Have you used Olay Body Wash – Spa Exfoliating Ribbons? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Shahnaz Hussain Softening Skin Wash vs Oriflame Silk and Cashmere in-Shower Moisturiser
- The Body Shop White Musk Sport Hair and Body Wash and The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso Cleansing Powder Review
- Olay Age Defying Body Wash with VitaNiacin Review
- Lux Body Wash in Soft Luxury and Uplifting Firm Review
- Dove Beauty Body Wash- Review
- Kiehl’s Grapefruit Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser Review