If your skin looks dull and is in need of some hydration, you could consider getting a paraffin facial done. Wondering what this paraffin facial is? Here is a research article of mine and I have tried to compile everything I have come across while searching for information on paraffin facial.
All About Paraffin Facial:
If your skin looks dull and is need of some hydration, you could consider getting a paraffin facial done. Wondering what this paraffin facial is? Here is a research article of mine and I have tried to compile everything I have come across while searching for information on paraffin facial.
Paraffin Facial: What is it?
Paraffin wax facials can be traced back to 1960s. It is a type of facial which is however slowly gaining popularity among women who are looking for a fitting facial treatment for their dry and lusterless skin. It involves the use of hot paraffin wax as a basic ingredient while treating parched and dehydrated skin.
Paraffin Facial Benefits:
It is associated with comprehensive and all-round benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- Brightening of complexion: Paraffin wax imparts warmth to the blood vessels and thus, the blood circulation is increased. This helps to brighten your complexion.
- Cleansing of pores: Paraffin wax heat helps to open up your skin pores. Dirt accumulated in the pores becomes loose and naturally, all the dirt, whiteheads and blackheads are efficiently removed!
- Hydration of skin: During your paraffin facial session, intense moisturizing treatment is meted out to your skin in the form of cream massage.
- Reduction of wrinkles: Paraffin wax helps to soothe your trite facial muscles. That is why, it acts as a calmer and at the same time, helps to reduce wrinkles.
- Improved skin appearance: You skin looks softer and suppler after an intensive paraffin facial session.
Paraffin Facial Procedure:
Paraffin facial includes a step-by-step procedure which includes steaming, exfoliation, extraction, cream massage, application of lotions and a paraffin wax mask treatment. You certainly deserve to know how a paraffin facial is done. Here are the steps roughly:
- Cleansing- Your face and neck is cleaned thoroughly to do away with dirt and impurities.
- Relaxing massages- A series of calming massages follow cleansing. Your beautician would choose a cream to suit your skin and your beauty needs. A thorough massage imparts suppleness to your skin and makes your skin ready for the paraffin-wax session.
- Cleaning- The excess cream is removed from your skin post-massage. A moisturizing lotion is applied again and you are made to recline and relax.
- Paraffin treatment- Now, your beautician would place a gauze on your face and this gauze is similar to the shape of your face. It helps to protect your skin from the discomfort of coming in contact with hot wax. Once the mask fits you perfectly, layers of hot wax would be piled up on the gauge, about four times. The heat of this wax opens up your skin pores, rejuvenates your skin, relaxes the facial muscles and you definitely feel better! The mask is removed after about 15 to 20 minutes.
Who should and should not go for Paraffin Facial?
By this time, we know that dry skinned beauties can go for paraffin facials and benefit from the same. But it is equally important to know when you should avoid paraffin facials; so here is it:
• It is not recommended to you if your skin is sensitive
• Avoid it at all costs if you have oily skin with blemishes
• Do not go for it if you have capillary problems
Paraffin Facial: Tips and Warnings
- It is best done at a reputed salon.
- Avoid doing paraffin facial at home or by inexperienced hands to avoid getting your skin burnt as it deals with the application of hot wax.
- If you have problems breathing while putting the gauge on your face or if you have a feeling of discomfort, bring it immediately to the notice of your beauty expert.
All About Diamond Facial
All About Chocolate Facials
Gold Facial Treatment
All About Pearl Facial
All About Collagen Facials
All About Aromatherapy Facials
Paraffin Wax Treatment for Hands & Feet
Montagne Jeunesse Spa Fabric Facial – Cherry Tonic
The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator