Pearl facials are much talked about these days. In fact, it is no less popular among women, just as Gold Facials and Fruit Facials. Pearl facials are known to be quite suitable for oily skin types and a session of the same lasts for about 1 hour. However, it is better for beauties with sensitive skin types to avoid pearl facial as pearl powder, which is a basic constituent in pearl facial, is known to cause allergies on sensitive skin. Want to know more about pearl facials? Keep reading.
Benefits of Pearl Facial:
Some of the well-known benefits associated with pearl facials are as follows:
- It works wonders for brightening the skin by removing tan.
- It nourishes the skin and keeps wrinkles at bay.
- Started early, a regular pearl facial session can help to keep away fine lines and other signs of ageing.
- It makes the skin glow with youthful bliss and warmth.
- It makes the skin soft, smooth and supple.
Pearl Facial Procedure:
Whether you go to your favorite salon to get a pearl facial done or you invest in a pearl facial kit available in the market, here are the steps that are generally followed:
- A deep cleansing is done for about 5 minutes, preferably with pearl cleansing gel.
- Exfoliation of skin comes next and is done with the help of pearl scrub.
- Skin is massaged with pearl cream, which has skin lightening and skin brightening properties.
- A pearl pack is used for moisturizing and imparting glow to the face.
How To Do Pearl Facial At Home:
If you want to go for a homemade pearl facial, the first thing you need to do is to buy pure pearl powder. Availability might be an issue in some places, but if you can lay your hands on them, nothing can be better. You would also require a pearl cream.
- Now, clean your face with a mild cleanser. You may use a cotton ball, dipped in raw milk. Alternately, you may use besan and milk mixture for washing your face. You may surely add a zest of pearl powder to the recipe you use for skin cleansing.
- Make a paste of pearl powder in water (or you may use rose water). If you have dry skin, add a few drops of olive oil. The paste should now be massaged on your face. The small particles would gently scrub the skin. Do this for about five minutes and then, leave it on the face for another five minutes. Rinse with plain water.
- Massage your face with pearl cream gently. Do this for about 5 to 10 minutes and clean off any excess cream.
- Now, make a mask to fulfil your skin needs. If you want an anti-ageing pack, mix egg with honey. Add lemon juice and a spoon of pearl powder. Mix thoroughly and apply it on your face. To do away with blemishes and spots, mix 2 spoons of pearl powder and fresh cream made from whole milk. Let it dry and then rinse with trepid water.
- Do not forget a toner of your choice.
Pearl Facial Tips:
- If you have sensitive skin, it is better to avoid pearl facial.
- If you want to do pearl facial at home, do not forget to do a patch test before using pearl powder. Make a paste of pearl and water and apply it on a small area behind the ear. Do not use pearl-based packs and scrubs if any reaction, irritation or burning sensation occurs.
- You may get it done at a salon of your choice but then, any reputed salon would charge at least Rs. 1000 per session.
Pearl Facial – Another Perspective:
Finally, I would like to quote what I came across in the article “Truth Behind Facials” in the Hindustan Times website, dated July 17, 2010:
Pearl facial – Pearl creams, masks and packs are supposed to polish the skin so that it becomes as smooth and shiny as a pearl. Myth busted: Dr. Gulati says that he is not aware of any scientific evidence establishing that pearl benefits the skin in any way.
Nature’s Essence Gold Facial Kit
VLCC Pearl Facial Kit
How To Do Salon Type Facial At Home
Biotique Natural Miracles For Age Control Facial Kit
Shahnaz Husain 24 Carat Gold Facial Kit
Garnier Light 3 in 1 Fairness Facial
VLCC Diamond Facial Kit
L’Oreal Paris Pearl Perfect Facial Foam
Forest Essentials Tejasvi Facial Ubtan