WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Gold Facial Treatment Overview
Indian women love gold and even with the constant price hike that gold has been witnessing, the gold jewellery shops experience no less footfall. The special bond that women share with gold however has gone beyond the traditional concept of jewellry. Of course, what else can account for the demand of gold facial treatment as one of the most sought-after treatments? In fact, I was contemplating to invest in a top-quality gold facial kit or go for gold facial session in my favorite salon, and that is why, I thought of conducting a research on what to expect and what are the advantages (and disadvantages) associated with gold facial treatment. In this article, I would like to share all that I gathered in course of my research. Keep reading.
Gold Facial Treatment – Skin Care Benefits:
Since gold figures among the softest of metals, there are quite a few benefits associated with gold facial treatment if the right massage techniques and ingredient application are included.
Here are the top benefits of gold facial:
- Gold facial can be customized for both oily and dry skin types.
- It helps in betterment of blood circulation.
- The process of cell renewal is made fast by gold facial.
- It also helps in lymphatic drainage and toxin removal.
- Gold facial works wonders in rejuvenation of skin and enhancement of elasticity of skin.
- Gold facial has anti-aging properties and helps in reduction of fine lines.
- Gold facial fixes oxidation damages and sun damages that skin suffers from.
- Pigmentation control and melanin-formation are unique capacities of gold facial and thus, to some extent assists in complexion lightening
How To Do Gold Facial Treatment at Home:
A good quality gold facial kit is required for the purpose, although it is believed that you reap the maximum benefits when you get it done at a reputed salon as it lets you get a more professional touch in the massage techniques as well as the mode of application of gold facial. However, you can very well get it done at home too. Here is what you need to follow:
• Facial skin should be cleansed thoroughly with the gold facial cleanser that comes with the kit. Be gentle on your skin while cleansing and rinse with trepid water. Pat you face dry.
• Exfoliate the skin with gold scrub which is available in the kit.
• Massage your face and neck with gentle upward strokes with the gold facial cream, which is generally loaded with extracts of gold foil, gold powder, sandalwood, wheatgerm oil, saffron, aloe vera and honey. Alternately, you may have a gold-gel instead of gold-cream, or both. This may vary from one kit to another, depending upon the brand you choose.
• The cream/gel should be left on the face for a few minutes and then, wiped off with a wet wash cloth.
• Now it is time to treat your skin with the gold facial mask. The mask too has the goodness of gold foil, aloe vera and turmeric among other components. Wait till the goodness is absorbed by the skin and the mask is dry. Remove the mask.
• A skin cooling session is desired and can be done with a cold compress for 10 minutes.
• Apply a moisturizing lotion which may be available with the kit.
This is a generalized version of the step-by-step procedure and might have to be altered slightly, depending upon the components of the kit you choose to use. If you want to get it done in salons, let me tell you they often charge anything between Rs. 1000 to Rs. 2500 approximately.
Gold Facial Treatment – Another View:
Just like every coin has two sides and every product has its pros and cons, during the course of my research, I also came across another aspect of the gold facial treatment. I don’t know what the truth is and how far this truth is a truth, but, while concluding, I would like to quote (without altering a word) what I came across in an article-‘Truth behind facials’ in the Hindustan Times website dated July 17, 2010:
“Gold facials have now become fairly ubiquitous in high-end salons. They are said to give the skin a radiant lustre. The gold in the products is said to retain moisture in the skin, increase flexibility and smoothness, slow down collagen depletion and prevent sagging skin. Gold facials also apparently improve lymphatic drainage (a network of veins in the body that removes toxins) and regenerate skin cells. Also, they are said to fight damaging free radicals and prevent premature ageing.
Myth busted: According to Dr Sanjeev Gulati, “When gold is massaged on the face, or a face pack is applied, the face does look better by 30 per cent or so, but this is all temporary and could be due to the massage the client receives.”
The second claim that gold reduces fine lines and wrinkles is false, claim experts. Dr. Mohan Thomas, senior cosmetic surgeon, Breach Candy Hospital, says that gold doesn’t have a role to play in either lymphatic drainage or collagen regeneration. “It has been shown that massage aids lymphatic drainage in cases of women with breast cancer. Massaging any part of the body might improve the drainage to a degree, but it doesn’t lead to a delay in the ageing process.” He adds, “After spending Rs. 1,000, any change you notice might be the result of a feel-good factor.””
P.S.- The whole article is a product of research. No view expressed, except in the introduction, is personal. Readers are welcome to share their own experiences and opinions.
Shahnaz Husain 24 Carat Gold Facial Kit
Ponds Gold Radiance Youthful Night Repair
Nature’s Essence Gold Facial Kit
Pond’s Gold Radiance Day Cream SPF 15 PA++
Forest Essentials Facial Scrub and Facial Treatment Masque
Kasturi Manjal as an Effective Anti Acne Treatment
Forest Essentials Treatment Mask Purifying Yogurt
Victoria’s Secret Luscious Kisses Eau De Toilette Spray
Tresemme Heat Defence Styling Spray
Skindinavia Makeup Finish Spray
MAC Fix + Spray
Lotus Herbals Intensive Sunblock Spray with SPF 50
The Body Shop Lemongrass Deodorising Foot Spray
Shimmer Body lotion, Soufflé & Spray: Dove & Oriflame
Fab India Bitter Orange Facial Spray
FabIndia Lemongrass Facial Spray
The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist
Forest Essentials Panchpushp Facial Tonic Mist
H2O Plus Oasis Mist
La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water
Lush Tea Tree Water