I am really happy. I just realised that I have crossed the 50 articles mark on IMBB. Anyways, the product I am going to review today is a pretty little kit from Pixi. It is Pixi Natural Mineral kit No.3 St. Tropez.
About Pixi Beauty #3 St. Tropez Natural Mineral Kit :
For best potential and lasting results with any makeup applications there are 9 main steps to follow and Pixi – MakeUp Set – Natural Mineral Kit will help you reach this goal.
Here is a step by step makeup application guide:
• Step 1: Mineral foundation – A healthy foundation for a flawless face.
• Step 2: Concealers – covering the problem will do wonders for your confidence, Concealers will also take care of the problem with a solution that is better for your skin health.
• Step 3: Finishing touches – use our finishing powders under and over the base to control shine.
• Step 4: Eye shadow – from natural shades to show-stopping shimmers, it’s never been easier to get the long- lasting look you crave.
• Step 5: Eyeliners – line up with long lasting colors.
• Step 6: Eyelashes & Eyebrows – nature gave you eyebrows/lashes to frame your lovely face, select from our full line to enhance your looks!
• Step 7: mascara – a must for any makeup bag.
• Step 8: Blushes & bronzers – from blushing brides to sun goddesses, we have got a crush on blush.
• Step 9: Lips – the right lip product is a girl’s best friend.
Eyes: 1.9gm/0.07oz X 4
Cheeks: 2.9gm/0.1 X 2
Lips: 1.8gm/.06oz X 2
This mineral kit is housed in a cute little cardboard box with separate compartments for eyeshadows, blushes and the glosses. The compartments are magnetized and do not open on their own. The eyes section is at the top, containing four eyeshadows and a decent mirror. The cheeks section has two colours: one is a powder, while the other is a cream. The lips section has two lip glosses.
My experience with Pixi Beauty #3 St. Tropez Natural Mineral Kit :
I am loving this kit. It has beautiful elements that make it a complete kit.
Eye shadows: All the four eye shadows that are a part of this kit are shimmery. The four shades are:
• Black with golden glitters- perfect for smokey eyes,
• Bronze- beautiful shade,
• Light golden
• Cream- perfect shade for highlighting.
The eye shadows, though shimmery glide on effortlessly and do not feel glittery. These blend perfectly. There is a little fallout from the shadows but nothing unmanageable. These eye shadows are insanely pigmented. They stay for around 6-7 hours without creasing.
Blushes : There are two blushes. The shades are:
• Light bronze- this is a powder blush with shimmers
• Light brown- this is a cream blush again with shimmers.
The blushes are not as highly pigmented as the eye shadows. The powder blush is more apt for contouring than as a cheek blush. The pigmentation is average. But it doesn’t blend easily and you will need to work a bit to blend it. The shimmer in the powder blush is much more than I prefer in my blushes. It lasts for around 4-5 hours.
The cream blush has sheer brown color. The texture is highly creamy and it has good pigmentation. It is easier to blend than the powdery one. It also lasts longer than the other one, around 5-6 hours. This also can be used for contouring if you are comfortable working with creamy contouring products.
Lip Glosses: The two shades of lip glosses are:
• A medium pink with golden sheen because of golden glitters,
• A beautiful pinky peach.
The pigmentation of both the glosses is good. The texture is smooth but they do feel just a tiny bit sticky when applied. They are not hydrating and only marginally drying. They do not bleed but do transfer. They have a lasting power of 1.5-2 hours.
Pros of Pixi Beauty #3 St. Tropez Natural Mineral Kit :
• Cute packaging
• Can be carried everywhere easily.
• Contains a mirror which is useful on the go.
• Magnetised compartments which do not open on their own.
• Beautiful collection of eye shadow shades.
• All the eye shadows are highly pigmented.
• Texture of all the products is smooth.
• Good staying power.
Cons of Pixi Beauty #3 St. Tropez Natural Mineral Kit :
• The blushes are more suitable for contouring than as cheek blushes.
• The powdered blush is not easy to blend.
• The lip glosses are sticky initially.
Do I recommend Pixi Beauty #3 St. Tropez Natural Mineral Kit ?
This is a great multi-purpose travel kit. If you are constantly travelling, you can give this a try.
Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Apricot Glow Review
Pixi Eye Beauty Kit No.3 – Magic
Pixi Flawless and Poreless Primer
Pixi Beauty Bronzer – Subtly Suntouched
Pixi Eye Bright Kit
Pixi Lash Booster Mascara
The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation Review
Covergirl TRUblend Minerals Loose Powder – Translucent Fair
Faces Mineral Loose Powder Golden Beige Review
Nature’s Essence Gold Facial Kit
VLCC Diamond Facial Kit
Daily Beauty Tips – Skin Lighteners/ Tan Removers