I had been hunting long enough for a good night cream. So when I was loitering around Health & Glow looking out for the same, I was shown the night cream from Ponds by the SA. I was at first apprehensive, as, when I think of Ponds I could only think of their cold cream. Cold Cream means it is rich. And if it is rich , it breaks me out. But somehow the SA succeeded in convincing me by swatching it and talking in length and breadth about the product that I ended up getting it .
The night cream which I got is in the Age Miracle range and it is Ponds Overnight Repair Dream Night Cream.
Age Miracle has around 8 products in that range and they are :
- Ponds Age Miracle Daily Regenerating Facial Foam ;
- Pond’s Daily Resurfacing Day Cream with SPF 15;
- Pond’s Overnight Repair Dream Night Cream;
- Ponds Age Miracle Tinted Moisturiser with SPF 15;
- Pond’s Age Miracle Dual Eye Therapie
- Ponds Age Miracle Microdermabrasion Kit.
- Ponds Age Miracle Concentrated Resurfacing Serum;and
- Pond’s Age Miracle Total Renewal Treatment Mask
I have used their Day Cream, Night Cream, TM and Dermabrasion Kit. And I must say that I am absolutely in love with the Night cream and the Dermabrasion kit
As this review is for the night cream, let me restrict my talking only to that.
Claim about the Night cream :
This rich textured night cream works overtime to fight ageing signs as you sleep, so in time, you can wake up to skin that looks visibly youthful and radiant.
- Works overtime as you sleep, to diminish signs of ageing
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and prevents more from appearing
- Prevent dullness and enhances overall skin radiance
- Maintain skin texture, tone and elasticity.
1) The package is in the shape of an earthen lamp (only the shape, not the package material :P) with red lid and a thick translucent Pinkish white tub. I guess now they have changed the packaging to a have a pump for dispensing the cream.
2) The cream is thick in texture and very light pinkish white in colour
Ingredients in the cream
I searched for the ingredient list specifically for the night cream but couldn’t find it. I could only pick up the overall ingredients in the Age Miracle Range.
Water, Dimethicone crosspolymer/ Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone/ Disteardimonium hectorite/ Cyclopentasiloxane, Isomerized Linoleic Acid, Caprylic/ Capric Triglycerides, Zinc Oxide/ Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Stearic acid, cholesterol, Mica/ Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, BHT, DMDM Hydantoin/ Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Linoleic acid, Borago officinalis Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Butylene Glycol/ Carbomer/ Polysorbate 20/ Palmitoyl Oligopeptide/ Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Coriandrum sativum seed oil.
Apart from the ones listed it also contains AHAs and Retinol.
- The Pond’s Institute has made the best even better. The new Pond’s Age Miracle range now contains the Advanced CLA 4 Complex.
- Pond´s patented Conjugated Linoleic Acid or CLA anti-aging technology, was the main ingredient in the old formulation of Pond’s Age Miracle, has been blended with Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA), Retinol and Retinol Boosters to form the new Advanced CLA 4 Complex
I cleanse my face. Pat it dry and slather on a thin film of Ponds Resurfacing night cream. Sometimes I also spray rose water on my face. Let it settle and apply the cream. And I am all set to get into the dream world :).
What I like about the Ponds Resurfacing Night Cream :
- It smells divine. It has a fruity scent to it ;
- It contains Retinol, the primary ingredient which keeps the wrinkles, laugh lines, scars, pimples etc etc at bay.
- It also contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids which acts as an exfoliator, thereby aiding in shedding off the dead cells.
- I love the way it instantly brightens my complexion. I sometimes use this as a light evening cream, Kohl my eyes, balm my lips and get out
- This can make a good primer before the foundation since it has dimethicones in it . It cements the pores and gives an even look. Hence the foundation glides on smoothly over it . I do it sometimes and my Ponds TM / foundation stays longer than usual
- The morning after I use it, the skin is very soft and is pumped up.
- I have open pores. It has largely helped in shrinking the pores. I also use their Microdermabrasion Kit in conjunction with the night cream i.e., I abrade the skin first which exfoliates intensely and close it by applying the night cream . This way the product sinks in better. This I do it thrice a week. Any exfoliator can be used for that matter.
- Whenever I have these occasional break outs and when I apply this cream, the boils shrinks and dries out the next morning . I do not spot it on the boil but apply it evenly throughout the face
- The cream is quite thick but not that rich. So would work well for oily and combination skin types
- Though it is thick, it gets absorbed very easily and application is not arduous
- It does not contain Parabens . One of the few products which does not contain Parabens. At least that is what is evident from the ingredient list that I sourced
I do not see any particular minus in this product . However the following can be noted :
- It is matte and sets to a powdery finish. So people with dry skin might not find it impressive. And also since it contains Retinol and AHA , it might dry out even further though the product also has moisturizing agents like Glycerin
- Ponds advertises that the effect can be seen within 7 days I cannot, however comment on that since I hardly have any wrinkles or pigmentation. I do have open pores and it works well for that condition. I could see an improvement, though definitely not in 7 days.
Would I Repurchase ? Yes . I am already on my second tub. This is one product which really works for me.