Raw Food and its Benefits
It is always good to have raw food than cooked food and I think many of us know that. But how many of us know the reason behind the same. Cooking actually denatures the natural enzymes present in the food and at the same time we also lose all the essential nutrients when the raw food is boiled and the water is drained. For Example – Cancer fighting agents in broccoli are greatly reduced when the same is cooked!!!!
Easiest Source of Raw Foods are Fruits, Vegetables, Sprouts, Nuts, Milk Etc. When one is on diet you can clearly notice that intake of more fruits will definitely be an important point. Raw food detoxicates or cleanses the entire body. Also people who go for detox diet usually take raw food for a week to 2 weeks.
Vegetables – Carrot, Cabbage, Tomato and few other vegetables can be taken in their raw form. They need not be cooked at all and at the same time the taste is also pretty decent and eatable.
Fruits – All fruits form a main source of raw food. None of the fruits need any added flavour or cooking or even boiling to have them.
Sprouts and Nuts – Raw Beans, Legumes and even Nuts can be soaked or made to sprout and then can be eaten. Thus, all the natural nutrients in these do not get wasted.
Germination – Germination involves soaking in water for a particular amount of time. The time varies for each and every nut and beans. Thus the nutrients get released and the same can be consumed.
Blending – Other ways to have raw food is making a mixture or combination of more than one raw food. Two or more vegetables with greens can be blended and can be taken in the form of smoothies, pesto, soups etc.
Fermenting, Juicing and pickling also helps us have food with all the nutrients intact.
Benefits of having Raw Food
• If you want to lose weight, then this helps you the best. Raw food is easy to digest and hence gives you fibre rich diet excluding all unwanted fat and cholesterol in cooked food.
• Raw food gives you more energy and that is long-lasting as well. Thus it increases your stamina level.
• Here comes the beauty aspect – you can get a clear skin that you have always dreamt of. Although it varies from each and every person, one can see a noticeable difference in 4 weeks minimum.
• Reduced risk of getting any disease as the raw foods themselves have disease fighting agents.
• Regular intakes of raw food also have said to delay the aging process!!!!
It is always advised to start a new diet slowly as it might cause some side effects like nausea, craving and even headaches. So it is better to add raw food slowly to the diet and then increase the quantity, eventually ending up in detox diet.
Source – About.com
Food for Weight Loss
9 Common Diet Excuses
Vegetable Schezwan Mushroom Fried Rice Recipe
Anti- Aging and Fitness Diets
8 Foods for a Healthy Heart for Women
Organic foods and Their Benefits