How to Get Rid of Flakey Skin
We all yearn for a soft, smooth and radiant skin and spend much time and energy to look good. But, at times certain skin conditions like acne, blemishes, dry patches etc can spoil the party for us. They tend to add ages in our look.
Whether you go for a natural look or you prefer to wear makeup, it can still be difficult to cover up dry skin that is flaking away. Skin that’s dry and flaky is giving you a message that’s it’s majorly dehydrated. Apart from being uncomfortable and creator of fine lines and wrinkles, flaking skin is a cause of embarrassment too.
Self care tips and few home remedies:
• Dry cracked, flaky skin can be treated well with the application of honey. Spread honey on the dry skin patches and wash off after half an hour. You can also add few drops of rose water in honey as a natural remedy for dry skin.
• Dry fruits especially almonds help to retain moisture in the skin. Consume dry fruits regularly; continuous intake can help in treating extremely dry skin.
• Rubbing sesame oil on the affected area after your shower is one of the best home remedies for dry itchy skin.
• Apply a good-quality moisturizing cream on your skin at least once daily, concentrating on the affected areas. Vanicream, Cetaphil, Eucerin, CeraVe are few really good moisturizers available in the market.
• Long, hot showers can rob your skin of its natural oils so opt for short showers. Use mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and make sure that you completely rinse the soap off your body.
• Put one-fourth cup of normal yogurt in a blender. Add a peeled banana and tree tablespoonfuls of oatmeal. Before blending, add two tablespoonfuls of almond oil. Blend your concoction and apply it onto your face. Before rinsing it off, leave it on for about 10 minutes.
• Use a moisturizing face mask once a week as a treatment to reduce dry skin problem. For flaky dry skin, ingredients like honey, avocados, milk, yogurt, flax seed, and cocoa are all moisturizing and work well.
• Make a paste with a guava and a spoon of honey. Apply this on the flaking skin on face and wash it thoroughly with water after about twenty minutes to get rid of dry itchy skin patches.
Also Remember To:
• Avoid scratching whenever possible.
• Wear smooth cotton clothing to prevent further irritation.
• Use a mild, unscented laundry detergent for washing clothes. Harsh chemicals will cause more problems for you.
• Avoid the intake of alcohol and drinks high in content of caffeine, if you are suffering from very dry skin because this can worse the condition.
Biotique Morning Nectar Nourishing Lotion
Vaseline Total Moisture 24 Hr Nourishing Lotion
Usage of Glycerin for Hydration of Skin and Hair
Ways To Keep The Skin Hydrated
Kaya Skin Clinic Intense Hydration Body Lotion
Swim for Hot Body
Skin and Hair Care Routine while Swimming