Schwarzkopf Repair Rescue Conditioner – A review
I have thick and curly hair and not surprisingly when the straightening trend was a rage a few years back I joined the bandwagon. I had straightened my hair using Schwarzkopf products and I was advised to use the “Repair rescue conditioner” to maintain the sleek look. Though I loved the whole straight and silky feel of straightened hair, it damaged my hair so much I still feel the effects. I lost ALOT of hair and decided I wouldn’t straighten my hair again. As a result I put away this conditioner as well. (Note: This is not to say everyone who straightens their hair will have hair loss, this is my experience.)
So anyway, last year when I out of conditioner one day, I decided to use this and see how it worked on non straightened regular hair. My verdict, I totally love and hate this product! Confused? Let me explain.
Image Source : Amazon
When I used it on my straightened hair, my hair was already soft so it didn’t make a difference. But after I used it on my unruly “regular” hair, I really could see the difference. It really moisturized my hair, got rid of fly aways and has an awesome smell. Totally loved it. In my personal opinion it’s a waste using this on straightened/ bonded hair. This is meant to tame unruly locks.
Unfortunately over a few weeks, I realized it was quite strong and also causing hair fall. Totally hated it. 🙁
So now I use it only on days I need deep conditioning or when I have used some stinky herbal oil and I want to get rid of the smell. I restrict use to once or twice a month and my hair fall has stopped. That in brief is my love hate relationship with this conditioner. Now here is the break down.
A small intro about this company-
“111 years ago, chemist Hans Schwarzkopf ran a small drugstore in Berlin. Today Schwarzkopf – one of the strongest umbrella brands of Henkel – covers all products in the categories of hair coloring, care and styling. Thanks to its extraordinary growth over the years, Schwarzkopf ranks among the market leaders.”
This repair rescue share is part of their BC Bonacure range
“Both technical expertise and extensive lab research at Schwarzkopf Professional have contributed to making the BC Bonacure hair care range achieve a new level of hair beauty and product quality through top performing ingredients.”
“BC Hairtherapy does not only deliver exceptional performance but will pleasure the senses too. Soft velvety textures and new delicate fragrances create a truly cosmetic and therapeutic experience, an experience you will want to enjoy regularly.”
Price: Rs 510 for 200 ml. this can be bought at most leading saloons. I picked it up at the Oryza Spa and Saloon, Chennai.
What Schwarzkopf Repair Rescue Conditioner claims: This is information from the label.
Diagnosis: Damaged, bleached, porous hair.
Therapy: BC Repair rescue with amino acids and Curatec proteins to restructure the hair from within.
Results: Healthy, strong and easy to comb hair for long lasting beauty.
Application: Pre shampoo with BC Repair Shampoo. Massage into towel dried hair, rinse out after two minutes.
Note: Based on the instructions of this product, I towel dry my hair and then apply conditioner. Not just for this, but any conditioner I use and it really makes a difference!
Some Key Ingredients AQUA, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, QUATERNIUM 87, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, CITRIC ACID
Pros of Schwarzkopf Repair Rescue Conditioner :
- Provides deep conditioning. Good for bad hair days.
- Gets rid of fly-aways and calms down frizzy hair.
- Has an awesome smell! Whenever I use this people ask me what is that lovely perfume I am wearing.
- I sometimes use neem oil on my hair before shampooing. It is quite a task to get rid of the stink without over-shampooing. This conditioner gets rid of that over powering smell. .
- When ever I use my medicated anti dandruff shampoo, my hair is worse that the Sahara. This is my savior on those days.
- A little bit goes a long way. Though it might seem expensive, one bottle lasts at least three months and I have pretty long hair. So it works out to be pretty ok.
Cons of Schwarzkopf Repair Rescue Conditioner
- No natural ingredients (apart from some hydrolyzed proteins)
- Caused hair fall for me. Of course this need not be the case for everyone.
- The awesome smell. Yes I did mention that this was a pro. But if the fragrance is so strong, it is probably because of some equally strong ingredients.
My rating: :-* :-* + 0.5
Will I re-purchase it? Yes but only for occasional use.
More information on their products can be found at http://www.schwarzkopf-professional.com/
They even have a diagnosis tool, which recommends the right products for you. Try it at http://www.schwarzkopf-professional.com/index.php?id=98