WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Have you been interested in changing your hair color, but hate the idea of embracing the chemical damage associated with commercial hair dyes? Well, there is a natural solution for your distress. A simple Hair care routine can work wonders in keeping your hair soft and silky. It requires only a correct method and yes, a lot of patience to attend the desired look. For me, my regular hair care regime is application of Henna because it is all natural and without any side effects. I am using the Shahnaz Hussain’s Henna Precious Herb Mix for the last 8 months and I’m quite happy with the results so far. I am here to share the natural secret of herbs and henna hair dye.
How Henna works:
The henna plant contains pigment molecules called Lawsonia. Lawsonia produces dye. Depending on the henna plant, the dye may produce varying degrees of orange or red dye. Lawsonia pigment stains keratin, the outside layers of skin and hair. As the skin naturally exfoliates, the henna is shed away. Henna stain on skin can last anywhere from days to weeks. Henna stain on hair gradually fades. It can last for as little as one month and as long as six months. The color that the henna will produce varies depending on skin color, hair color and body part. Henna appears more orange on lighter skin and hair colors and redder on darker skin and hair colors.
What does the Shahnaz Hussain’s Henna Precious Herb Mix claim:
Pure henna leaves with a number of precious herbal ingredients make it a unique formulation for hair care. Fortifies and strengthens the hair, making it look conditioned and healthy. Ingredient list (As mentioned on the pack): Amla-1.0%, Neem- 1.50%, Shikakai- 2.0%, Babul gand – 1.0%, Mehendi –to make 100%
Availability: Available in 200g (for 150/-) & 100g (for 80/-) packs. I bought the 200g pack How To Prepare the Pack: The use of henna to dye hair is really simple and easy. Since I use it for dyeing my hair, I add the following ingredients for better results:
- First pour the desired quantity of it into a container preferably, an iron container.
- Add boiled tea liquor enough for making a toothpaste like consistency
- 2tbl spoon of lemon juice/vinegar- keeps dandruff away
- 1 tbl spoon of castor oil- promotes hair growth & prevents dryness
- 2 tbl spoon of meethi (fenugreek) powder- prevents hair loss, makes hair silky & soft.
- 1 whole egg white – I personally hate the stink of egg white so I mostly skip this step. Egg adds volume to the hair.
- Mix them all up and let the mixture sit overnight covered with a wrapper.
- After washing and drying hair, comb your hair into sections.
- Work the henna into the hair and scalp, starting at the nape of the neck. You can do so by using a hair coloring brush or simply with gloved hands.
- Continue doing the same until all the hair are fully covered starting from the scalp to the tip.
- Pile the hair at the top of the head and wrap the entire head with plastic wrap.
- Depending on the intensity of red that you want, leave the henna for 30minutes to 1 hr (for conditioning) 3 to 4 hr (if darker tint is required)
- Wash the henna by rinsing as much as possible with cold water, and then shampoo your hair. Conditioner helps to release the last bits of henna from the hair.** wash until the water runs clear **
- It is advised to perform the hair test for better understanding of your hair type and you can make your own decision whether or not the henna product is safe for your hair.
- It is not necessary that you would get the required reddish effect as soon as you apply henna because it takes a few days for the henna to oxidize and change color. The end result is Orangey-reddish tones but with oxidation, henna will turn darker and redder.
- Apply Vaseline to your hairline and around your ears and neck to prevent staining
- Henna will permanently stain fabrics so wear an old T-shirt or have a towel wrapped around your shoulders.
- Cover the floor with some newspaper to protect from spillage of the paste.
- If you have colored your hair less than 2 months ago with chemical dye. You need to wait for at least 2 months as henna won’t sit on the colored hair.
Pros of Shahnaz Hussain Precious Herb Mix :
- Earlier I used to suffer from severe hair loss but ever since I am applying henna I have noticed a remarkable change in my hair quality. It also reduced my hair fall to negligible.
- The aroma is very pleasant unlike natural henna. The aroma is natural henna is very strong.
- I like the cooling effect it gives after application.
- As henna is a natural hair color, it is almost devoid of any side effects. It is 100% natural.
- It is also a good conditioner;
- It imparts a lustrous shine and smooth texture to my hair.
- It has anti fungal property thus it helps to keep dandruff away
- My hair is now more tangle-free and manageable.
- It has strengthened my hair.
- Decently priced
- The entire process is very messy , lengthy & tiresome.
- A lot of patience is required to attain the desired color.
- Very difficult to remove the unwanted stain.
- The packaging is not up to the mark. I would have prefer it in a tub like container.
Will I repurchase? Yes, I will definitely. It is an extremely versatile product and benefits all hair types. Henna is also a very effective cleanser that does not destroy the normal acid-alkaline balance of the scalp. In fact, it can help to restore the balance. I will recommend henna to everybody for mainly three reasons
- colors hair naturally.
- gets rid from minor scalp infection (dandruff).
- naturally conditions the hair.
Do you use henna?
STOP PRESS: Today’s Pick is Marc by Marc Jacobs Ballerinas