How to Stop Being Jealous
Like hatred, jealousy is forbidden by the laws of life because it is essentially destructive. – Alexis Carrel
Jealousy is an inevitable powerful emotion. Everyone get these jealousy bouts once in a while, which is I feel important to keep the competitive sprit going. But, the problem arises when you start to see more negative reactions because of this habit of yours. It is when you should really start working on it before your relationships are affected.
You must understand that the root causes of jealousy are some qualms and expectations that are hard to put off, unless you make a conscious effort to get rid of them.
Mentioned below are few such tips that might help all of us to make a fresh start.
• Find out the causes that trigger jealousy in you. Write them on a piece of paper before you start further.
• Stop wishing you were someone else. You can never make a name for yourself with wishful thinking. Unless you wilfully work towards achieving more, you’ll spend the rest of your life feeling bitter and weak because your happiness doesn’t come from your own success, but from watching someone else’s downfall. When you are comfortable with who you are and what you have, you’ll stop being jealous of others’ successes and make your life better.
• Focus on your abilities and be optimistic. Sitting ideal all day will only add to the feeling of not being wanted and hence make you more uncomfortable than you already are. Try doing something that you enjoy to take your mind off your jealousy issues. Keep yourself engaged in some work. Always remember that you are not the only person who has such a feeling. Everyone goes through this phase at one point of time or other.
• Talk to people about your feelings. Keeping everything inside wont help. Talk to your friends and family and get all those painful feelings out before they make you do something that you don’t want to do.
• Pay attention to what you are doing with your life. When you focus on jealousy, you’re too engrossed in thinking about someone else’s glories that you don’t realize that your life has come to a halt and it will remain the same until and unless you step ahead and work on it.
• Work on your self confidence. You may not have noticed but, jealousy is usually a by-product of insecurity and low self-esteem. Fear of abandonment is a common factor. Don’t succumb to the thoughts of ‘you are not good enough’. Instead, go out there and prove that you’re better. To overcome a sense of worthlessness go out and help those in need. You can enrol yourself as a volunteer in old age homes, hospitals, orphanages etc. Helping others will surely boost your moral.
Don’t waste time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. – Mary Schmich
Hope these tips help.
What do you do to keep this green eyed monster away?
How to Deal With Breakups
How to Avoid Fights With Your Partner
What Men Like in Women
Most Romantic Couples Ever
How Often Do You Flirt With Your Man?
What Attracts Women To Men
How to Overcome Jealousy