WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
THE BODY SHOP – DEFINE AND LENGTHEN MASCARA
My eye lashes are like the worst in the whole world ! Straight, Flat and Sparse ! So mascara is like the greatest invention of man for me (and the eye lash curler of course 😉 )
So a few days ago I went to the market to buy a new mascara. Though I was quite satisfied with my old VOV one but still i wanted to try a new one.I went to the mall thinking I would get a Maybelline one but I since I saw ‘The Body Shop’ first and I really liked the brush of the mascara,so I decided to buy this one ☺
[Found On The Bodyshop Website]
This mascara contains:
Marula Oil – Is a very effective moisturiser that also helps to condition the skin over time. Also provides essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin’s moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
Organic Beeswax – Moisturises and helps to condition the skin. Acts as a barrier that helps to seal in moisture.
Glycerine – Conditions the lashes. Helps prevent the product from flaking.
What it claims : A long lasting conditioning formula with an innovative curving brush to separate, define and seriously stretch every single lash
Price : 495 INR
Here is a close up of the brush
The brush of this mascara is actually a little bit thinner than most I have tried and it comes in a sort of cone shape – I guess this is designed so you can coat every lash even the tiny ones but I often find that when companies change the shape of their brushes it actually makes it harder to apply
Here is an inset of my eyes without the mascara and with the mascara
What I like about The Body Shop Define & Lengthen Mascara
- The formula is pretty good.I wore it to college the whole day and there were no clumps at all
- I like the the brush a lot. The best part is its completely ‘non drip’ .I have literally spoiled so many clothes spilling the liquid mascara every where
- Despite the brush being a bit different in shape I dont think it makes it any easier or harder to apply except it may be a little bit easier to get to the really small lashes in the corner of your eye
- It gives me a very natural look and not a dramatic look which is nice
- Applying it once is just enough
- It really does define and lengthen your lashes as soon as you apply just a tiny bit and it gives your eyes a really wide eyed natural look
- Made my lashes look longer lashes and they instantly looked more awake
What I didn’t like about The Body Shop Define & Lengthen Mascara
- When I was applying this I found that no matter how much I was putting on my lashes just werent getting any thicker and there was absolutely zero volume.
- I am not too sure whether or not I can count that as a disadvantage because the product description makes no promises to add volume
- It was SO hard to open the first time,it took me and my room mate half an hour :/
MY VERDICT : I’ll be using for the mornings for some time to come but I’ll be looking elsewhere for my night time mascara. If you’re looking for lengthy lashes then this is the way to go but you won’t find any volume here!
IMBB RATING : :-* :-* :-*
Have you used The Body Shop Define & Lengthen Mascara? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Maybelline Waterproof Volum’ Express Cat Eyes Mascara Review
- Lakme Nine to Five Intense Volume Mascara Review
- Estee Lauder Magnascopic Maximum Volume Mascara Review
- L’oreal Telescopic Mascara Review
- MaxFactor Masterpiece Max Mascara Review
- Lancome Hypnose Precious Cells Mascara Review
- Bourjois Volumizer Mascara Review, Photos + Haul