THE BODY SHOP – DEFINE AND LENGTHEN MASCARA
My eye lashes are like the worst in the whole world ! Straight, Flat and Sparse ! So mascara is like the greatest invention of man for me (and the eye lash curler of course 😉 )
So a few days ago I went to the market to buy a new mascara. Though I was quite satisfied with my old VOV one but still i wanted to try a new one.I went to the mall thinking I would get a Maybelline one but I since I saw ‘The Body Shop’ first and I really liked the brush of the mascara,so I decided to buy this one ☺
[Found On The Bodyshop Website]
This mascara contains:
Marula Oil – Is a very effective moisturiser that also helps to condition the skin over time. Also provides essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin’s moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
Organic Beeswax – Moisturises and helps to condition the skin. Acts as a barrier that helps to seal in moisture.
Glycerine – Conditions the lashes. Helps prevent the product from flaking.
What it claims : A long lasting conditioning formula with an innovative curving brush to separate, define and seriously stretch every single lash
Price : 495 INR
Here is a close up of the brush
The brush of this mascara is actually a little bit thinner than most I have tried and it comes in a sort of cone shape – I guess this is designed so you can coat every lash even the tiny ones but I often find that when companies change the shape of their brushes it actually makes it harder to apply
Here is an inset of my eyes without the mascara and with the mascara
What I like about The Body Shop Define & Lengthen Mascara
- The formula is pretty good.I wore it to college the whole day and there were no clumps at all
- I like the the brush a lot. The best part is its completely ‘non drip’ .I have literally spoiled so many clothes spilling the liquid mascara every where
- Despite the brush being a bit different in shape I dont think it makes it any easier or harder to apply except it may be a little bit easier to get to the really small lashes in the corner of your eye
- It gives me a very natural look and not a dramatic look which is nice
- Applying it once is just enough
- It really does define and lengthen your lashes as soon as you apply just a tiny bit and it gives your eyes a really wide eyed natural look
- Made my lashes look longer lashes and they instantly looked more awake
What I didn’t like about The Body Shop Define & Lengthen Mascara
- When I was applying this I found that no matter how much I was putting on my lashes just werent getting any thicker and there was absolutely zero volume.
- I am not too sure whether or not I can count that as a disadvantage because the product description makes no promises to add volume
- It was SO hard to open the first time,it took me and my room mate half an hour :/
MY VERDICT : I’ll be using for the mornings for some time to come but I’ll be looking elsewhere for my night time mascara. If you’re looking for lengthy lashes then this is the way to go but you won’t find any volume here!
IMBB RATING : :-* :-* :-*
Have you used The Body Shop Define & Lengthen Mascara? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Maybelline Waterproof Volum’ Express Cat Eyes Mascara Review
- Lakme Nine to Five Intense Volume Mascara Review
- Estee Lauder Magnascopic Maximum Volume Mascara Review
- L’oreal Telescopic Mascara Review
- MaxFactor Masterpiece Max Mascara Review
- Lancome Hypnose Precious Cells Mascara Review
- Bourjois Volumizer Mascara Review, Photos + Haul
20 thoughts on “The Body Shop Define & Lengthen Mascara Review”
Cool review Ritika!! I felt somehow same thing with EL Magnascopic too..I mean it just gave natural definition to my eyes..but no lengthening and volumizing. But such mascaras are good for everyday wear na….I mean yeah..but you need to search for a party wear mascara, where you can flaunt your long and thick lashes!! 😀 😀 😀 :lashes:
Seriously ! I’ll get a maybelline one for sure this time 🙂
I was so silly,I didnt try the mascara while buying it coz I already had one on and I was feeling lazy . But nevertheless its a great morning mascara for college and outings O:) O:) O:) O:) O:)
Hi Ritika…U have beautiful eyes.. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Can I apply it on my lower lashes…they are very thin.. :struggle: :struggle: :struggle:
Yeah,ofcourse..I apply it on my lower lashes too 🙂
ritikaaaa……… u got exams going on n u buying mascarassssss!!!!!!!!!!
:hunterwali: :hunterwali: :hunterwali: :hunterwali: :hunterwali: :hunterwali: :hunterwali: :hunterwali: :hunterwali: :hunterwali: :hunterwali: :hunterwali:
I doubt i ll buy it somday, m more than happy wid my maybelline xxl volume mascara..
good review waise butI wud rather buy somthing frm body shop;s skin care…which is actually thr forte…!
I bought it before exams :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
And I have no idea why i bought..I just wanted to spend money and shop..that was it :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
“just wanted spend money and shop…” v.anti to makeup blog following..!!!
Nice review Ritika? The Maybelline one is quite good! Its cheap and it does volumize the lashes a lot! I get a lot of ‘are-you-wearing-fake-lashes’ from people when I’m wearing that in the day :lashes: The only problem with is that it clumps the lashes a little and removing it is a pain!
I so hate that stress of removing a mascara,this mascara on the other hand gets of sooo easily,and I love this thing about it ! 🙂
Btw,Which maybelline mascara do you use Ankita ? O:)
The colossal volume one..fat yellow tube.
I meant ‘nice review Ritika !!’ :shame:
i know ankita 🙂 i replied u but my comment is awaiting moderation ?:)
Nice review Ritika :waytogo: …and ur eyes look very beautiful
Thanks a lot Veda O:)
nice review Ritika. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Thanks Zeeba 🙂
thank for the review Ritika 🙂
Thanks Amee 🙂
:happydance: :happydance: daily use it’s good nah
also it’s TBS so must be safe on lenses too :thanks:
Natasha……sad that you didn’t get any volume with it at rs. 475……..I love my new oriflame chutku mascara which does lengthen and curl the lashes nicely adding volume to it, but the only hitch is that it clumps and is not waterproof