The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo claims: A very effective flake-clearing, scalp-soothing shampoo, with refreshing ginger root extract, specially formulated to deliver conditioning care for dry and/or flaky scalps. Suitable for everyday use.
Price and Quantity: Rs. 495 for 250 ml
About the ingredients: Ginger essential oil-Is known to help revive muscles and stimulate circulation whilst invigorating the senses. Has a spicy, sharp and warm scent.
Organic honey -Moisturizes and helps condition the skin. Helps protect and preserve the forest as well as providing necessary income for beekeepers, an increasing number of which are now women.
Panthenol-Is proven to improve flexibility of the nails, helping to reduce flaking and breakage.
The Good about The Body Shop Ginger Anti Dandruff Shampoo
- THE mildest anti-dandruff shampoo I have ever used.
- It feels really refreshing on the the hair and scalp as you massage it in
- It is a gel based shampoo (which I prefer over cream based shampoos as I find the latter always leave a residue on my scalp) and its consistency is neither too thick nor too runny but exactly how I would have wished it to be . 🙂
- I had a visibly less flaky scalp within 3-4 washes.
- Rinses out quickly and easily.
- Even though it claims to be for “dry hair”, all those who do not have dry hair but only a” dry scalp” (there is a difference between the two) can easily use this shampoo and be equally pleased with the results.
- Even though this is not an SLES free shampoo, it does not strip my hair of too many natural oils and I do not find it very drying.
- Soothing to the scalp
- Removes hair oil effectively and easily
- My hair and scalp look and feel squeaky clean.
- I have been using this shampoo for exactly a year now (I purchased its first bottle last December) and my dandruff problem has greatly reduced. I still have my bad days (if I do not shampoo for 3 consecutive days at a stretch) but they are rare and pass. I have been using this in conjunction with the Rainforest Shine shampoo since the past 4 months and the combination works just fine. Either I rotate between the two or mostly add 4-5 drops of Ginger shampoo in my diluted Rainforest Shine Shampoo, shake well and squeeze the liquid straight to my scalp. Since this mixture is too runny to apply with hands I make use of an old shampoo bottle to squeeze and distribute it evenly along my scalp. Then I massage, tub it in for a few seconds and let it sit on my scalp untouched for a couple of minutes.
- In my opinion, its organic ingredients are more effective compared to using zinc. With most of the brands using zinc as a fighting agent against flake, the problem is that it leaves residue in your hair, also it makes your hair too dry. Ginger is the main ingredient in this shampoo. This plant is known to have anti-bacterial effect. Ginger in lieu of zinc (as is the case with other shampoos) fights the bacteria build-up which causes itchiness leading to dandruff.
- It is silicone free
- It is particularly effective in the winter season because it keeps the winter itch at bay. 🙂
- No weird medicinal smell which is quite unlike most anti-dandruff shampoos.
- Reduces hair fall.
- Not tested on animals.
The Bad about The Body Shop Ginger Anti Dandruff Shampoo
- The faint gingery smell bordering on slightly pure-herbs sorts. It is mild and not unpleasant but definitely not how I would want my hair to smell! But some people, in fact, adore its fragrance. In any case, the smell does not linger long or too strongly in the hair.
- I definitely need to follow it up with a conditioner because hair goes very static and a little frizzy not too long after using this, and it ends up looking very flyaway.
- My hair also seems to get greasy more quickly than usual after using this, so it wouldn’t be good for anyone who has greasy hair normally.
- The Body Shop does not manufacture a corresponding “Ginger Conditioner”.
- Repeated and longer lasting usage would make your hair look dull. Keep switching or mixing this with other shampoos to keep hair shiny.
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-*
Verdict: Value for money. All dandruff sufferers must give this a try.
Would you purchase again?: Yes
Have you tried The Body Shop Ginger Anti Dandruff Shampoo? Please rate in the box below.
- The Body Shop Honey Moisturising Shampoo Review
- The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo Review
- The Body Shop Olive Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner
33 thoughts on “The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review”
I want I want…..ginger…..nowadays….I am adding ginger in anything and everything :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:
Ginseng fairness cream
yup jomol ginger is known to be very effective for skin, hair and stomach problems :toothygrin:
sounds like a good producst…nice review 🙂
thanks monika :))
I have hair which I can afford washing only once a week..So I am not sureif washing once a week will help ?:)
*v long hair I mean 😀
u can shampoo every alternate day sonam if u follow a proper oiling routine. it won’t dry out your hair or make them look dull.
yay!! finally a good anti dandruff shampoo :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
going to try itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
:-* :-* :-* yeah this is good n not very harsh, strong or harmful like most other anti-d shampoos in tha market gia
dis sounds gud… :yes:
of course scooby. i always include this point in all my reviews 🙂
happy new year to u too scooby :-*
good luck with this one twinkle :))
Going by the ingredient list it doen’t sound very good.SLS,Parbens,EDTA,DEA etc 🙁
I am getting this.. the weather change is really taking toll on my hair and getting more than the regular dandruff :((
actually i hav vry oily scalp n oily dandruff… n my skin is vry sensitive.
wil it b fine if i use it???????
Simply loving it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your review is really informative.. I am using Himalayas- Anti dandruff every 2-3 days.. I feel it is not very much effective.. In case, If I couldn’t wash 2nd or 3rd day, I wash using Head and Shoulders ; it is very much strong and effective.. I don’t get it even after 3-4 days without washing.. But I feel it makes my hair very dull.. So I am seriously hunting for a mild shampoo that does not make my hair dull at the same time removes dandruff.. I am thinking of buying this body shop product but as you it makes the hair dull; I am little confused.. Can you pl help.. Hope I am not bothering you much..
Even i have used this…its really good..