This review will be on the Too Faced Romantic Eye Classic Beauty Shadow collection.
About The product:
Nine romantic shades that will win your heart (and his, or hers). They’re just the thing for a brunch with friends or the bride’s big day. Warning: has been known to induce spontaneous Vegas nuptials.
• Our revolutionary silky formula is easy to blend and offers gorgeous color payoff
• Our signature, how-to Glamour Guide offers step-by-step application instructions for creating Romantic Eye looks in minutes
• Net Weight: 3 lg. e/s ea. 0.07 Oz., total 0.21 Oz.; 6 sm. e/s ea. 0.03 Oz., total 0.18 Oz. (Metric: 3 lg. e/s ea. 2 g, total 6 g; 6 sm. e/s ea. 0.9 g, total 5.4 g)
Price : $36
My Experience with Too Faced Romantic Eye Classic Beauty Shadow Collection:
This eye shadow palette has been in the Too Faced line for quite some time. In my recent haul of all the newly released Too Faced items, I also picked up this mainly because the colors looked very interesting and I had seen a tutorial where Emily from Beauty Broadcast had raved and used these eye shadows.
This palette comes in a sturdy cardboard box. Since this is their old packaging, it does not have a mirror. Their new revamped packaging is a tin box which comes with a mirror. I much prefer the latter packaging.
These eyeshadows are really smooth and buttery. The matte shades in particular are very soft and smooth to the touch. The shimmer shades especially “ever after” and “Un-veil” have a slight grittiness to it but still all they shades apply beautifully onto the lids with full color. They do not feel chalky and do not cause tons of fall out. You can always avoid fall out by tapping off the excess powder from the brush before application.
There is good mix of neutral with a few pops of color mixed in. The colorful shades such as Honeymoon and First dance, I am especially in love with. You can easily create both daytime or Night time look using this palette alone since it has both mix of shimmers and mattes.
• Soulmates- A beautiful creamy beige with shimmer finish. Works great as inner corner and brow bone highlight
• I Do- A matte cool toned grey. Is a good crease color.
• Un-Veil- A deep greyish black. A must have in any eye shadow kit. Works great to great smoky eyes or to use to smokey out underneath the lower lash line.
• Kiss The Bride- A beautiful pale light pink. Pigmentation is pretty good for being such a light shade. I use this interchangeable with Bouquet toss as my brow bone or inner corner highlight depending on the looks I am creating.
• Cut The Cake- A light shimmery lavender grey. This color works well paired with first dance in the crease and outer V. A very unique shade puts looks so pretty on the eyes.
• First Dance- A deep matte purple. Works great as a crease shade or can be used on its own all over the lid to create an intense purple smoky eye.
• Bouquet Toss- A nice matte cream color, good for highlighting inner corner and brow bone. Quite similar to Soulmates expect the difference in finish one being matte and other shimmer.
• Honeymoon- My most favorite shade in this kit. I just can’t stop using this as you can see in both the looks I have created. It is a beautiful olive –khaki green with an iridescent quality to it. The shimmer in this is not at all chunky or gritty. Goes on super smooth. This shade can be used in a variety of ways as an all over lid color or simply on the lower lash line for a pop of color.
• Ever After- A nice shimmery deep chocolate brown. A very versatile shade.
These shadows did not crease on me and lasted about 7-8 hours before fading slowly. I do use primer with all of my eye looks so that could be attributed to better staying power too.
Overall, I do love this palette. The selection of shades in this kit is quite unique and it makes for opportunity to create beautiful looks. The quality of the shadows is also outstanding. I will recommend this.
Used “Honeymoon” all over lid with a mix of “Ever after” and “I do” in the outer V and crease.
Used “Bouquet Toss” as highlight
Used “Kiss the Bride” all over the lid with “Cut the cake” in the center to give a pop of shimmer.
Used “Un-Veil” in the outer V and “I do” in the crease
Used “Honeymoon” on the lower lashline
Eyeliner is Kat Von D Ink liner in the shade Baudelaire (review coming soon)
Pros of Too Faced Romantic Eye Classic Beauty Shadow Collection:
• Beautiful mix of shades
• Both matte and shimmer
• Good mix of neutrals and pop of colors
• Smooth and buttery shadows
• Good pigmentation even on lighter shades
• Good staying power
Cons of Too Faced Romantic Eye Classic Beauty Shadow Collection:
• No mirror in the kit
• Cardboard packaging may not survive through rough usage.
Too Faced Natural Matte Nuetral Eye Shadow Collection Review, Swatches
Too Faced Sugar Pop Sugary Sweet Eyeshadow Collection Review, Swatches, EOTD
Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette Review
Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette
Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eyeshadow Collection
Too Faced Endless Summer 16 Hour Long Wear Bronzer
Too Faced Amazing Face Skin Balancing Foundation Powder
Too Faced Primed Face Primer and MAC Prep + Prime Lip Primer
Too Faced Semi-sweet Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Collection Review, Swatches, EOTD