Hope you all are having soothing summers. So, today I’m going to review a latest addition to my make-up collection which is VOV New Complexion Matte Liquid Foundation. I have always used my mom’s foundation whenever I needed that touch of a party look for weddings and other grand parties. But, recently when I was looking out for the first lipstick of my life *wink*, I found this amazing matte liquid foundation which I fell in love with and hence couldn’t resist writing about my first foundation review! Thanks a ton IMBB family for teaching me the A to Z of make-up and ways to look prettier!
- Lightweight texture that spread very smoothly and evenly on skin.
- Great coverage without any stickiness and allows skin to breathe.
- Finish enhancing powder with light diffusing effect minimizes flaws, covers spot and freckies to give a luminous finish.
- Vitamin C derivatives help inhibit the formation of new spots and freckies for a fair and more even complexion.
- Micro-powder UV diffuser provides SPF 25 protection.
- Specially formulated for Asian skin.
Deionized water/ Na-carboxymethylcellulose/ Hectorite, Hydroxyethyl cellulose/ Triethanolamine/ Propylene Glycol/ Emulsifying Wax/ Dimethicone/ Methyl Parabean/ Propyl Paabean/ Stearic Acid/ Acrylates Co-Polymer/ Phenoxyethanol/ Titanium dioxide (Cl 77891)/ Talc/ Iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499).
Directions For Use:
- Shake well before application.
- Apply to fingertips or sponge and spread evenly over face.
I picked the shade no. 01 Natural Beige which is a perfect match to my skin tone (you can see it in the swatch). It masks much of my dark spots and blemishes at one stroke. For an even flawless finish, I use my waterproof compact powder which is also of the same shade.
For someone like me who is still in the primary stages of makeup, a lightweight foundation like this is a miracle. It blends really well suiting my facial complexion perfectly and gives that desired matte finish it promise. Its SPF 25 is another reason why I prefer wearing it during daytime. It stays for more than 5 hours which is pretty okay for day to day use. I feel it is best suited for my partially oily skin.
The color of the packet is exactly of the same shade as the foundation i.e. Natural Beige. This is what I love about VOV products- matching colors of packaging with their product. It comes in a glass bottle of cubic shape which is really cute! The cap is again smartly designed in the shape of a cube with a solid brush attached inside.
INR 150 for 25 ml.
Pros of VOV New Complexion Matte Liquid Foundation:
- Blends appreciably and offers a smooth, lightweight matte finish that is so natural.
- It has got SPF 25 protection.
- Easily affordable.
- Covers all undesirable spots.
- A small amount is enough for the entire face.
- Perfect for summers, doesn’t look cakey or sticky at all.
Cons of VOV New Complexion Matte Liquid Foundation:
- I could find none except I wish it had a dispenser. Availability might be an issue in some places. All in all, a super buy I would say at such a price.
4.9/5 (-0.1 for low availability).
Will I Repurchase VOV New Complexion Matte Liquid Foundation?
Definitely yes! I’m in love with it and very happy with the results. I never thought my first foundation buy will be such a hit *happydance*.
Hope you enjoyed reading! See you!
VOV Eyeliner Pen
VOV Makeup Kit
VOV Makeup Kit
VOV Long Lasting Matte Lipstick #19 Natural Brown
Revlon New Complexion Foundation
Revlon Dermabreathe New Complexion Makeup
Revlon New Complexion One Step Compact Makeup
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation
Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
Best Drugstore Foundations (under Rs. 1000) For Oily-Combination Skin