Greetings fellow IMBBians,
One of the youtube gurus I follow did a comparison post of drugstore eyeshadow primers – from the worst to the best, and she gave a very good ranking to this Wet n Wild Shimmer Eyeshadow primer, and that’s why I picked it up from my local drugstore to try 🙂 Let’s find out how it fared 🙂
- Preps and Brightens Eyelids with Shimmer for Shadow Application.
- Provides a Perfect Surface for All-Day Creaseless Wear.
- Provides Smoother, More Vibrant Eyeshadow Application.
- This perfect primer preps and brightens eyelids with shimmer to guarantee ultra-vibrant color that lasts all day!
My Take on Wet n Wild Shimmer Take On The Day Eyeshadow Primer:
Why we need a primer:
- It reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Enhances the color of eye shadow.
- Acts as a smooth base for eyeshadow application.
- Ensures that the makeup lasts longer.
Packaging: This primer comes in black squeeze tube with a nozzle to dispense a pea-size product at a time; however, that quantity is more than enough for one-time use.
Texture: The primer looks like a shimmery goop but that’s what a primer is supposed to be – sticky goop so that eyeshadows adhere to it and do not budge throughout the wear time. After blending, the eyelid appears shiny, but it provides a good canvas to apply color and blend. The primer adds a little bit of shimmer to an eye color but nothing too obvious.
This is an amazing product for under $5 price tag. It does what it claims, it increases the wear time of the eye shadow, adds a little pop to the eyes and prevents the eye shadow from smudging. I really like this product, it comes in a non-shimmery form as well.
Staying Power: My eye makeup was intact till I removed it with a good makeup remover. It was easy to apply and spread on the eyelids; however, each time it dispenses more product than required which leads to wastage. I also applied a little bit on my lower lash line as well and it prevented my khol from smudging.
Pros of Wet n Wild Shimmer Take On The Day Eyeshadow Primer:
- Cute, little tube packaging.
- Product is for all skin types and skin tones.
- Blends easily.
- Gives a smooth finish to apply makeup.
- Prevents eyeshadow from smudging.
- Increases wear time of eye color.
- Not very expensive.
- Adds a little pop to eye color.
- Can be used on lower water line.
- Adds a little shimmer to matte eyeshadows.
Cons of Wet n Wild Shimmer Take On The Day Eyeshadow Primer:
- Dispenses more product than required.
- Has a weird smell.
Would I Repurchase Wet n Wild Shimmer Take On The Day Eyeshadow Primer?
Yes, unless I want to spend more money and buy a more expensive primer. Readers, do consider buying this product because it is worth it.
Wet n Wild Fergie Take On The Day Eyeshadow Primer
Wet n Wild Intuitive Blend Shade Adjusting Foundation + Primer
Wet n Wild Poster Child Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection
Wet n Wild Maldives Sky Fergie Centre Stage Collection Photo Focus Eyeshadow
10 Best Eyeshadow Primers
Jordana Eye Primer Eyeshadow Base
Cargo HD Picture Perfect Eyeshadow Primer
Makeup Revolution Focus & Fix Eye Primer Original
Does Tom Ford Duo Eye Primer live up to its High Price?
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion