Product being reviewed: Nivea pearl and beauty shower cream oil body wash (and Loofah free with Nivea shower gel)
Price: Rs 145 for 250 ml
Shelf life: 2 or 3 years (not clearly mentioned)
What it claims to do: ‘Let the seductive scent of Tea Rose gently captivate your senses. The luxurious cream oil formula, enriched with precious pearl extract, envelops your skin with a soft, sensuous foam leaving your skin feeling beautifully soft and silky smooth. Relax and rejuvenate with every shower.’
It claims to be-
• ‘pH skin-balanced’
• ‘Skin tolerance dermatologically approved’
• ‘Nivea’s Hydra IQ moisture technology for soft skin feeling’
List of Ingredients:
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Parfum | Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyquaternium-7, Citric Acid, Laureth-4, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Benzophenone-4, Laureth-2, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, CI 10316, CI 16035.
(A sticker regarding the quantity, price, batch no etc. had been pasted directly on the list of ingredients mentioned on the body wash bottle; so, I had to get the list from the loofah packet)
How to use Nivea pearl and beauty shower cream oil body wash (as mentioned on the free loofah pack):
• Soak the loofah in water to ensure that it is soft and easy to use.
• Pour a coin-sized quantity of NIVEA shower gel onto the loofah and work it into rich lather.
• Scrub the loofah gently across the body and hair.
• Rinse off with water to reveal smooth, shining and revitalized skin.
• After bathing, rinse the loofah with water and hang to dry.
My experiences with Nivea pearl and beauty shower cream oil body wash-
The body wash comes in a white colored, almost-opaque, plastic bottle with a flip-open cap. It has a runny consistency and looks like a white body lotion. When I used it for the first time, I took the specified quantity on the loofah but I found that a coin-sized drop of loofah doesn’t product adequate lather. Next day onwards, I took a little more and found that it produces rich lather and cleans the body of sweat and dirt, without making the skin dry. Indeed it leaves a soft and smooth feeling behind.
Pros of Nivea pearl and beauty shower cream oil body wash:
- It cleans the body of sweat and dirt effectively.
- It does not leave the skin dry. After wash, skin feels soft, smooth and hydrated.
- The smell is mild and pleasant.
- I got a loofah free!
- It is affordably priced and can even be procured at discounted price.
- It is easily available, both online and offline.
- It lasts easily for more than a month at least, even when used regularly.
- In summers, you can tend to skip the after-bath moisturizing part if you use this body wash.
- Decent and easy-to-use packaging.
Cons of Nivea pearl and beauty shower cream oil body wash:
- Contains ingredients like SLS and Parabens.
- I don’t know why, it tends to leave both my palms (palms only) feeling dry, rough and wrinkled. Initially I thought it could be because of spending too much time bathing, but later, I realized that it was because of this particular body wash. (This feeling however goes away after seven to ten minutes of bathing and my palms re-gain its natural softness and smoothness, as if nothing had happened at all!)
- For adequate lathering, a coin-sized quantity on the loofah is not enough.
IMBB Rating: 3.75 / 5
Nivea Visage Refreshing Cleansing Milk
Nivea Visage Whitening Cleansing Foam
Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle Facial Cream SPF 15 Tinted Day Cream
Nivea Visage Refreshing Toner
Nivea Visage Skin Refining Scrub
Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser
Biotique Bio Peach Clarifying & Refining Peel-off Mask
Zeno Acne Clearing Device
3 Blackhead Clearing Scrub
Clean and Clear Deep Action Cleanser
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub
Hip Hop Hair Removing Wax Strips: Strawberry
Biore Nose Pore Cleansing Strips Black
Nair Pretty Mini Wax Strips
T-Zone Nose Pore Strips: Instant Fix for Blackheads