Revlon PhotoReady Makeup SPF 20 Foundation
According to company: Photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to erase every flaw. Complete, yet undetectable coverage. Soft, luminous finish.
Revlon PhotoReady Makeup- for poreless, airbrushed skin in any light.
– Fragrance free
– SPF 20
Price: 850/- for 30 ml
Shades Available: (only 4 in India)
• Shell- For very fair skin tone.
• Nude- Fair to medium skin tone
• Medium Beige- for medium to fair skin with yellow undertones
• Caramel- for dark skin tone
I got it in the shade Nude. Although ‘medium beige’ shade merged well on my arm but my facial skin is lighter than my hands so the SA suggested that Nude would look perfect on me and yes, it does.
My Take on Revlon PhotoReady Makeup SPF 20 Foundation: I wanted to own a full coverage foundation that would look wonderful for parties/functions sorts and I got a perfect answer to this in the new Revlon Photoready makeup foundation.
It gives a nice even coverage to the face. The finish is dewy and skin glows as it contains very fine shimmer particles which are not easily noticeable. On closely observing only, one can see those shimmer particles. This dewy and shimmery effect makes it best for party/function wear kind of stuff. Although it is an anytime wear kind of foundation.
It does what all it claims superbly. It gives a medium to full coverage depending on your use and would hide any normal skin flaws on your face. I have a few acne marks which it hides easily without the need of a concealer. If you do not suffer from severe dark circles, then it can also be covered to a great extent using this alone.
Texture wise, it is a liquid foundation and I found it a little runny than my MF Age renew foundation. Easy to put on, smooth and even coverage. Seemed to blend evenly and felt quite light on my skin; actually it does not give a feeling of having applied something on the face itself. I felt that my skin could actually breathe. It truly gives an undetectable coverage.
I am super impressed with the packaging. The product comes in a small fat cute glass encasing with a pump dispenser. The pump is also covered with a lid which makes the overall packaging attractive and hygienic.
Staying power is great. It easily stays on for 5-6 hours without the need of any touch-up. Just to check this, I wore it in the morning and did all my daily chores, even cooked, remained in a non-AC environment, even stayed for an hour without fan but still I did not feel any oiliness or sweat at all. It’s clearly water resistant too.
Now why named Photoready? I clicked my snaps in different lights after wearing this foundation and believe me; it looks as natural as ever. No white cast, nothing. It gives a healthy glowing look to the face without looking cakey and surely makes you Photo Ready
Swatch of the PhotoReady foundation- Nude
Pros of the Revlon PhotoReady Foundation
• Blends smoothly and evenly on the skin.
• Gives a nice shine and a dewy finish to the face.
• Very light weight and still gives an undetectable coverage.
• Contains SPF-20.
• Minor concealing and the medium to full coverage give an overall great effect on the face.
• Lasts easily for 5 hours or so and with a makeup base, can last much longer.
• Water resistant.
• Does not make the face oily even after hours of application.
• Does not give a white cast or looks cakey on application. For me, it’s my skin but better feel after applying this one.
• It will look great for party/function wear, for sure.
• 2 drops or the product is enough for the face and neck region. So this 1 bottle is going to last me for quite long for sure.
• Attractive, sturdy and hygienic packaging.
• No smell associated with the product.
Cons of the Revlon PhotoReady Foundation
• Will not cover your major skin flaws.
• The shimmer, for me, does not make it an everyday ideal wear one.
• The shimmer & glossy look may not work for oily skinned people. You have to try it once for hrs first and then make up your mind to buy this one.
After blending- just see the dewy glossy look it delivers.
Top arm (applied foundation), I hope you are able to see the difference in both my arms.
Ratings: I would personally rate it 4.25/5
Recommend: If you are looking for a full coverage foundation and if you prefer shimmer effect then this is a superb product waiting for all of you to try out. You won’t regret buying this one.
Revlon Photo Ready Powder, Concealer, Foundation, Compact Makeup
Revlon PhotoReady Stick Concealer
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
Revlon New Complexion Foundation
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation