1. Eat a diet rich in proteins, vitamin E, zinc, vitamin A, and Biotin. Some of the best foods for healthy hair are fish, sweet potatoes, eggs, green leafy vegetables, soyabeans, carrots, mangoes, pumpkin, apricots, kidney beans, legumes, yogurt, kiwis, tomatoes, and strawberries.
2. Pick up paraben, silicon and sulfate-free hair products for healthy hair.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
3. Instead of harsh shampoos, use a natural cleanser made from soapnut and shikakai. The method to make this cleanser is explained in detail here.
4. To get rid of product build-up in your hair, use a clarifying shampoo once in a while. Our suggestion – L’Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Pure Resource Shampoo.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
5. Give your hair a hot oil massage once a week with almond/olive oil.
6. Deep condition your hair once a week.
7. Avoid excessive heat styling to prevent damage.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
8. If you use a lot of heat styling regularly, do not forget to use along a good-quality heat protectant.
9. Avoid tugging and pulling your hair while combing.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
10. Comb your hair using good-quality brushes to increase blood circulation to the scalp.
11. Look for ammonia-free hair colors.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
12. Don’t expose your hair to direct sunlight. Cover your head with a scarf, umbrella, or hat while going out.
13. Apply protein mask in your hair once in a month.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
14. Avoid alcohol-based products on your hair.
15. If you have brittle hair, use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
16. Prepare a herbal hair oil by mixing and heating coconut oil with hibiscus, curry leaves, black pepper, aloe vera. This oil helps in making hair healthy and strong and also prevents premature greying.
17. To get rid of dandruff, make a mixture of egg white + lemon + curd and apply on the scalp, leave on for a few hours, and rinse off. Do this for a few weeks to get rid of dandruff completely.
18. For dry hair, try this moisturizing hair pack – mash a ripe avocado with one full banana, and add in 2 tbsp of honey. Mix well, apply on hair, and rinse off after 2 hours. Do this once or twice a month for healthy and moisturized hair.
19. This is an expensive tip, but try rinsing your hair with beer and get soft, shiny, and bouncy hair.
20. To get rid of product buildup and other styling products, take 1 tbsp of baking soda and mix it in 4 tbsp of yogurt and apply directly to the scalp. Keep it on for 20 minutes and rinse off to get clean hair.
21. Try this amazing protein pack to deep condition your hair – mix yogurt, eggs, and mayonnaise well and apply throughout the hair. Rinse off after two hours. You can also include lemon if you have dandruff.
22. For those with oily hair and scalp, mix multani mitti with water and apply on the hair and scalp. Rinse off after 30 minutes.
23. To prevent hair loss, make a concoction of raw onion, garlic or ginger and apply the juice with the help of cotton on your scalp. This tonic increases blood circulation to the scalp and reduces hair loss condition. You can read more about it here.
24. Use heena to camouflage grey hair. Prepare natural heena along with other nourishing ingredients such as lemon, eggs, curd, so that you get added benefits.
25. Never comb through damp hair, let your hair dry naturally, and then use a soft comb to detangle hair.
26. Include amla or gooseberry in your diet.
27. Go for hair trimming once in three months.
28. To add shine to your hair, mix apple cider vinegar with equal parts of water and rinse through hair after shampooing.
29. You can wash your hair daily without actually using a shampoo – use the cowash technique, explained in detail here.
30. For soft and moisturized hair, mix 1 tbsp of honey in 1 cup of water and apply through the hair and leave it overnight. Rinse off the next day. Honey attracts moisture to the hair and helps in keeping the hair soft and smooth.
Best Hair Serums Available in India
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Hair Care Tips for Strong Healthy Hair
My Skin Care and Hair Care Routine
Hair Care: The Body Shop New Eco-Conscious Rainforest Hair Care
8 Quick Hair Care Tips
Keratin Hair Treatment