WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
These days, you get to read and hear a lot about ‘Keratin Hair Treatment’. There is indeed a lot of hype regarding this ‘miracle treatment’. So, what is this Keratin Hair Treatment all about? I researched throughout the world of internet to find out some of the basic facts and figures associated with it.
So, let me start with a question. Do you want to have frizz-free, perfectly manageable, silky and shiny poker-straight hair? Well, if the adjectives seem too good to be truly attainable, let me tell you that you do have an option and that is keratin hair treatment. The present generation is increasingly banking on this smoothing treatment which works wonders to wiry and curly hair! Wish to learn more about keratin hair treatment? Read on!
Keratin Hair Treatment: What is it?
Actually, keratin is a kind of protein naturally found in teeth, hair, nails and such other parts of the body. In this treatment, keratin is acquired from natural sources (like animal wool) and processed to suit the requirements. Then, it is applied to the hair to replenish the keratin which is there in the cortex of the hair shaft. It is then followed by hot hair ironing. The keratin is made to fill up the cuticles of hair so that you get smooth and straight hair in return. It is a wonder treatment for hair straightening and is often called ‘natural’ as it makes use of natural protein.
Keratin Hair Treatment: The merits
• Unlike most of the other hair straightening treatments, this treatment is known to be ‘natural’ and no harsh chemicals are used.
• It is wonderfully suited for people with chemically treated hair in the past.
• Hair feels satin smooth and silky straight, thereby offering your hair a new look altogether.
Keratin Hair Treatment: The Demerits
Although the treatment is known to be ‘natural’, certain side effects have been reported by people who have opted for it. Actually, formaldehyde is added to the keratin treatment by many companies to make it superficially more effective. Now, formaldehyde is often associated with cancer and hence, it has adverse effects. Here are some of the most widely known side effects:
• Severe hair loss: Though it is not officially proved by concrete statistical data, it is found that people who have opted for keratin treatment often experience hair loss within a few days of undergoing the treatment.
• Rough hair: Once the initial hair-straightening feel-good factor is over, it is seen that the texture of hair deteriorates significantly. The smooth and silky feeling is gone after a month or so (the time period may vary) and hair feels dry.
• Prone to cancer: Since formaldehyde is known to be a carcinogenic stuff, it exposes you to the risk of developing cancer. Now, if one has to pay such a huge price (health-wise), it is better to continue having rough and frizzy hair.
• Allergy: The ones who have gone for the treatment have reported to have developed allergic reactions like itching and rashes, skin problems like eczema and irritation in scalp, ear and nose areas.
• Empty pocket: Last but not the least, it is quite an expensive treatment and you need to shell out a lot of money to get it done. I searched and found that it costs around $300 to $500 to get a standard keratin treatment done to your hair. Naturally, you end up spending a lot for a treatment which lasts for five to six months. This is yet another demerit associated with Keratin Hair Treatment.
Keratin Hair Treatment: Tips to remember
Before you go for Keratin Hair Treatment, you may find it useful to remember the following:
• Always go for an expert professional.
• Ask for a formaldehyde-free keratin treatment and if you are denied, consider going to some other salon where they offer formaldehyde-free keratin services.
• To get the best of keratin treatment, always stick to the hair care regimen and maintenance programme recommended by your professional.
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
Hibiscus for Hair Care
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Keratin Treatment Vs Rebonding for Hair Smoothening
Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner Review