Today is my fourth one in the festive makeup series. I had previously written posts on the essential lip products, eye makeup products and base products that you need this festive season to create a flawless makeup look of your choice. This post will cover the essential cheek products that you need this festive season. And the products that you use on your cheeks are a blush, bronzer, contour, and highlighter. It can make all the difference to your look. Because there are so many products- shades, formulas, textures, and types- available out there, it can certainly get a little overwhelming when you’re trying to select the best products for yourself. The following few are my suggestions for cheek products that you can look into. Of course, you are free to tweak these suggestions as per your skin type or skin concerns.
This list will help you get an overview of the products that you could consider getting for yourself.
5 Ultimate Cheek Products You Need This Festive Season:
1. A Cool-toned Pink Blush: For the perfect winter glow, there’s nothing that works as pretty as a cool-toned pink blush. Even if your skin has warm undertones, try giving this blush a shot. Use it on the apples of your cheeks to give your face a fresh and healthy glow. You could, of course, go with either a powder product or a cream blush depending on your preference and skin type.
Recommendation: MAC Blush in Pinch O Peach.
2. A Warm-toned Blush: Picking a warm-toned blush for your makeup kit is very important for the festive season. This blush could be of any colour that you prefer; peach, pink, terracotta. This gives your face a muted but healthy glow. It can be matched to complement your lip colour. Personally, I prefer powder blushes for warm-toned shades. You could also use this blush as a bronzer on the days you don’t feel like using two different products.
Recommendation: NYX Powder Blush in Cocoa.
3. A Bronzer: A bronzer in your makeup kit is a must-have for that healthy and radiant glow, especially during the party and festive season. You could pick either a matte bronzer (which could also be doubled up as a contour product) or one with some shimmer in it, depending on the kind of makeup look you’re going for.
Recommendation: Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Face Sculpt and Highlight.
4. A Contouring Product: For that gorgeous sculpted look, a contouring product performs well. Keep in mind that you have several options when it comes to picking the right contouring product for yourself. For once, you could use a cream or liquid concealer in a darker shade than your skin tone. Or you could use a deep coloured, cool-toned blush for the same. Or, you could go with a contouring stick or powder. Nowadays, there are many brands that retail contouring and highlighting duos in a stick form as well as in palettes.
Recommendation: Maybelline New York Face studio Master Contour V-Shape Duo Stick.
5. A Highlighter: To finish off your makeup look and add that perfect luminescent glow, you need a highlighter. With highlighters, you have many options to choose from. A concealer (cream or liquid) in a much lighter shade than your skin tone works well. You could also go for a cream highlighter in a stick form. Your third option is to go for a powder highlighter. You could go with a cool-toned highlighter (those with pinkish tones) or a warm-toned highlighter (the more gold tones) depending on the undertones of your skin. Using a highlighter correctly in the right places—tops of your cheekbones, under the brow bone, in the inner corner of your eyes and on your cupid’s bow can really light up your face.
Recommendation: Makeup Revolution Golden Lights Vivid Baked Highlighter.
5 Amazing Overnight Beauty Hacks with Aloe Vera
Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation
Lakme Absolute Kohl Ultimate Kajal: The Smoothest.. Creamiest.. Darkest Kajal
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Finale
Lakme 9 to 5 Plum Feather Weightless Matte Mousse Lip and Cheek Color
NYX Berry Tea Whipped Lip and Cheek Souffle
Burberry Poppy Lip and Cheek Bloom
6 Beginner’s Classy Makeup Looks to Master for Festive Season
10 Ways to Detox this Festive Season