How many of you ladies enjoy visiting new destinations on the map? I definitely am one of those people who enjoy exploring new countries and cities. Since we were very little, my lovely father made us trot all over the globe; his aim is for us to say that we have visited each and every country. As much as I love the exposure of new countries and culture, or to lay in front of the ocean, I definitely despise the long hours spent on the airport as well as the plane *sigh*. But one needs to endure it to jet start their holiday. And who says you have to look like a mess whilst you travel? Look chic, totally fashionable and completely comfortable while you wait on the plane to arrive at your much-awaited destination.
1. Back to Basics: A simple yet chic look is what you want to achieve while you travel. You might be surprised, but sticking to your basic clothing items is highly essential in achieving a chic look. T-shirts in neutral colours (black, grey, taupe, beige, etc) and boyfriend fitted shirts are key pieces that can be used while traveling.
2. Layer Layer Layer: I kid you not, layering will save you from the crazy chilly temperature in the aircraft. The great thing about layering is that it enables you to shed the extra clothing off if you are too hot, or pile on some more when you are cold. Wear a basic t-shirt and build the layers on top, with a thin button down shirt (keep it open) and then snuggle into a warm oversized cardigan for that extra warmth. You can keep your layers in your carry on and wear them before you take off, so you are all prepared for the long journey.
3. Leggings are a girl’s best friend: Not only are leggings super stylish, but they also keep you warm and comfortable. They are great to stretch or move around in and let’s get real, we all move more than usual when we are up in the air. Try keeping your leggings towards the dark colour palette, black would be my best bet, it goes well with everything and looks absolutely stylish.
4. Keep those shoes simple: You know the security drill; at some point, we are forced to remove our shoes as we head into the security check. Imagine this, you have a 4 AM flight to catch and as you groggily step towards the security check, you are ordered to get rid of your shoes, BAM! you are wearing your favourite shoes, but they have too many buckles, and you are going to have to sit and open ALL those buckles to get through. No there is no way out! To avoid such situations, wear simple shoes. Make flats your go-to shoes during these long hours, aim for those that are easy to slip on and off and do not take too much time to unfasten. And ladies, remember to wear your socks, transparent if you must! Because no one likes to walk barefoot on those cold airport floors, not me at least.
5. Minimal Jewellery: I witness this mistake a lot while travelling, not only do women hold up the line, but they are themselves a victim of sheer irritation. Do not fall prey to that situation either, and I know as much as you love your new arm candy, do not stack your wrists with those. I assure you, you will have the chance to flaunt it once you land. I choose to just wear a simple gold chain and my ring, if I have to add a bit more, I opt for a leather strap watch – totally chic and fashionable. Remember the metal will only make the sensors beep.
6. Scarves: I love scarves, they can transform the look of your outfit from drab to glam. And and and, they are perfect for layering. Pashmina or cashmere scarves are my favorite choice, they are soft, available in an array of colours and so travel friendly. Stuff it in your hand bag or loop it around your neck, they are sure to keep you warm at the same time make you look absolutely stylish on the airport.
Do give these style tips a go, they are perfect for everyone and will compliment all you ladies regardless of your body types! What is your favourite travelling outfit, let me know in your comments below!
A Style Guide for Navratri
Style Guide: In Fashion Always
Breaking Fashion Rules In Style
8 Ways to Sport a Celebrity Airport Style
Celebrity in Casual Style: Vanessa Anne Hudgens
Trendy Hair Accessories
How to Keep your Makeup Brushes Clean while Travelling
Bollywood Stars Travel Style
Cool & Cool Travelling Wipes
Airplane Makeup Tips
Travel Beauty Tips
How to Store Makeup for your Travel Bag